Prologue

PLEASE NOTE.

This is the sequel to the book Hired to Love. It can not be read as a stand-alone. You will be confused and the plot twists of the first book will be spoiled if you try to read it alone. This book is also just for fun. It's just so we can read more about the characters so the plot will be all over the place as we mix in fluff, plot, developing the side characters, etc. This is what I can an unnecessary sequel-- it's just for fun!

 This is what I can an unnecessary sequel-- it's just for fun!

 Henley

I hope you've had a wonderful day, beautiful. That black skirt fits you in all the right places. Let's meet soon.

I stared at the message scrawled onto the white piece of printer paper that had been left on my desk. My stomach rolled uneasily. This was the second one this week. How was this person getting into my office? I locked it whenever I wasn't in it. There was no sign of forced entry, no sign of someone even being in here aside from the creepy letters that were left behind.

Did they have the wrong office? Were these letters even for me? Bennett had bought me a nameplate for my desk, yet none of the letters addressed anyone by name. Just Hello, Beautiful or Good evening, Gorgeous.

The handle on my office door jiggled, and I quickly balled up the letter, hiding it behind my back as the door swung open and Bennett hurried in, looking over his shoulder as if someone was chasing him. He shut the door and locked it with a click, stooping down to peer out the frosted glass. "Phew, I think I lost him."

"Lost who?"

He jumped, twisting around to face me, green eyes widening as if he'd been caught in the act of something. "Henley! What are you doing in here?"

"What am I doing in my office?"

"I thought you'd left for the day already," he said, running a hand through his tousled brown hair.

It had lost some of its volume throughout the workday and now lay flatter, falling into his face a little bit. When it was like that, Bennett resembled Lee more than ever... If one ignored their glaringly contrasting personalities.

Bennett cleared his throat, smoothing out the vest of his suit, and walked over to me, still throwing paranoid glances back at the door. "How are you?"

"Who are you hiding from?" I asked warily.

"I'm not hiding."

"Sure you're not."

His lips curved up a little, his eyes raking over my body. "I can't get over seeing you in skirts. Coming to work every day is like a gift now."

A crawling sensation ran up my spine. Skirts? I clenched the paper tighter, trying my best to not react. I wouldn't let a dumb letter affect me like this. I pulled the hem of my skirt lower, trying to play it off. "If you say something like that again, I'm not going to wear another skirt to work, ever."