chapter 13

❝she didn't mean to snoop❞

"papaaa, I already said that I'm sorryyyy", marri whined, using her puppy eyes as satoru had found out her entire shenanigan from megumi.

"marri, you went behind my back and did something I told you not to do!"

"but goomi and mister tōji are like good now!! I helped...", marri pouted.

"still, that doesn't justify why you risked your life to worm into the zenin household! I mean I'm impressed, but what if they found out that you're a gojō?!"

"you would've came and saved me...because you're the strongest", marri answered, trying to flatter her father.

"you're right but I can't keep spoiling you anymore, or who knows what else you'll do without me knowing. as of today, you are officially grounded!", satoru huffed.

marri dramatically fell onto her knees as her mouth dropped open.

"g-grounded?! BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN GROUNDED!!"

"well there's always a first for something", satoru smiled as he chuckled, patting marri's head.

"hopefully this'll teach you a lesson. now, go up to your room and reflect on your wrongdoings", satoru commanded, to which marri huffed as she stomped upstairs, though making a turn into satoru's room instead.

marri really liked her papa's room, as sometimes — the majority of the times — she'd sneak in during the night and sleep on top of satoru, making it slightly hard for the male to breathe.

the little girl then quietly closed the door as she hummed, debating what to do for the rest of her day in here.

after all, she knew her father couldn't stay mad at her.

marri softly giggled to herself as she raided satoru's closet, using a stool as she pulled a few clothes off the rack, accidentally spilling some content onto the floor as a box fell and opened on its own.

"huh?"

marri hopped off the stool as she sat on the floor, about to gather the content back into the box until she realized that they were pictures.