13. Love Advice

"Don't you eat lunch alone in the corner, Tomioka-san?"

Mitsuri Kanroji tilted her head as she asked the question, referring to the quiet spot in the Butterfly Estate where the Love Pillar would occasionally spot Giyuu devouring his meals.

She had arrived in Tokyo after a recent mission, and she was excited to replenish herself with some of the best food in town.

But she certainly didn't expect to bump into her comrade along the way.

Mitsuri's emerald eyes stared into the Water Pillar's blue ones. Spotting Giyuu outside of Hashira meetings was already a rarity, and having the Water Pillar actively seek her out in the middle of Tokyo was something beyond her comprehension.

Giyuu blankly stared back.

"I don't eat alone. I have friends."

That was an absolute lie.

Giyuu was too indifferent to care, though.

His blank face was masking the nervousness that arose anytime he was speaking to someone that was not you.

Good thing that Mitsuri seemed to buy the tall tale, though.

"Good! How cute!" the girl said in her usual, happy tone. Her bright eyes disappeared as a smile spread across her face. "Have fun at lunch with your friends then!"

Mitsuri raised a hand to wave goodbye, ready to disappear into the buzzing crowd of Tokyo's restaurant district.

Before she could leave, though, Giyuu stopped her.

"Let me eat lunch with you!" Giyuu blurted out, which naturally caused the Love Pillar to whirl around in surprise.

After all, what the heck was he doing?

A nagging voice in Giyuu's head told him that this wasn't worth it.

That his conversation with Mitsuri might just go nowhere. That he would just end up looking like an idiot. That Mitsuri wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut.

Also, if that rat-faced Snake Pillar ever found out that Giyuu had hung out with the pink-haired girl, Giyuu was sure that Obanai Iguro would kill him.

Mitsuri, oblivious to the Water Pillar's discomfort, pointed at herself.

"Lunch with me?" she innocently repeated in confusion.

"There's something I wanted to talk about," the boy finally explained, the words falling from his mouth against his wishes.

Too late to take anything back now.

"Oh, I'm honored! You're so cute!" Mitsuri shouted, shaking her hands and jumping like a child with excitement. "We're going to become best buddies!"

"I don't th-"

"I know the best place to eat," the girl cheered, completely cutting Giyuu off. She grabbed the Water Pillar's wrist. "Follow me, follow me!"

Before Giyuu could protest further, his body lurched forward as Mitsuri dragged him through the crowd. Hand tightly wrapped around Giyuu's arm, the Love Pillar dashed along the streets as the boy ran to catch up to her pace.

"Four tempura udons, please!" Mitsuri merrily shouted to the restaurant workers when she dragged the dazed Giyuu to a nearby eatery.

She took a seat on a wooden stool by the bar and motioned her colleague to do the same.

"Four bowls for the two of us?" Giyuu asked with a raised brow. Although it was lunchtime, he wasn't that hungry yet. "One bowl of udon for me is g-"

"They're all mine."