eleven

Heather, Ron, and Hermione walked together. They were discussing the issue about Malfoy when Heather got her answer. McGonagall stood in the hall waiting for them. She saw Malfoy and glared at him. "Wipe that look off your face." She mumbled as she walked by.

They all stood in McGonagall's office awaiting for punishment. "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50!?" Heather said.

"Each." She says. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all four of you will receive detention."

Heather smirked as she looked at Malfoy as his smile fell. "This is going to be fun."
~~~
The next night, all four followed Filch to Hagrid's hut for dentition. Heather listened to what Filch said how detention was back then. Once they reached Hagrid's, Heather knew that her detention just started.

"Hagrid, I'm sure Charlie Weasley will take good care of him." Heather tried to reassure him, but he kept crying.

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch says.

"The forest?" Heather looked at Malfoy. "Thought that was a joke."

Heather heard a howl, but knew there was more to the forest now that Filch pointed it out. "Great." She mumbled as they followed Hagrid.
~~~
In the forest. The group walks along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers. "What is that?"

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something." Hybrid explains. Heather looked to see a figure between the trees and looks up at Hagrid hoping he saw it too. "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."

Heather looked at her friends and sighed. "Heather, you're with Malfoy."

"Fine, I get Fang."

"Good luck because he is a bloody coward."

"Joy."
~~~
Heather was keeping her mouth shut as she listened to Malfoy complain. She rolled her eyes at how spoilt he actually was. "Will you shut up." She tells him. "If you think of it, you put us here."

"This is a servants job."

"Malfoy, are you scared?" She asked with a smirk.

"Scared, Potter?" He said as a howl was heard. "Did you hear that? Come on, Fang."

Heather walked ahead as she heard him mumbling to himself once again.
~~~
The group approaches a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops, then growls. "What's wrong, Fang?" Heather asked. She looked ahead to see a hooded figure.

"Ahhh!" Malfoy screams as he ran off.

Heather stayed in her spot as she watched the hooded figure. The figure slides over the unicorn and rises erect. It advances towards Heather, who backs up, but trips. She watched as the hooded figure crawled backwards.

A figure jumped over Heather making her look to see a centaur. Once it rears, the hooded figure disappears. "Heather Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you."

Heather stands up. "What was that thing you saved me from?" She asked.

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life."

"Who would want a life like that?" Heather said.

"Can you think of no one?"

"Are you saying...that thing...that was drinking unicorn blood...is Voldemort?" Heather asked.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?"

"The philosopher's stone." Heather said as the sound of a dog barking caught her attention. She turns to see Hermione, Ron, and Malfoy.

"Heather." Hermione said.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Ms. Potter. You all right there, Heather."

Heather nodded as Firenze told her this is where he leaves. Heather had a feeling that she will learn more on who is after the stone soon.