Chapter 8: I..

Y/n: your name
N/n: Nickname
L/n: last name
Ps, I'm writing this at 12am on a school night, don't mind the sloppiness and rushed chapter I'll try to reach 600 words if I can :,D
-

Last time:

"If you could.. Would you try to bring either of your parents back?"

I stopped stirring the pot.

"I..-"

Back to the present past:

y/n POV

"I.. really don't know..I would but I'm scared of the outcome. What if  a body part get taken away?? I wouldn't have any support in my to get me anywhere, I'd be disabled. I would also have 2 metal limbs. And I think I wouldn't have the mental capacity for it anyway. I'm already rendered softer than I used to be but still endured the pain?"

I drained the spaghetti after putting salt in it. I put it back in the pot, put in 1/4 of a slice in the pot and poured in the sauce.

"I see.. everyone's situation is different and varies from person to person right?"

"It sure does" I smirk

"You don't mincing the tomatoes? I want a something fresh mixed in my spaghetti"

"Alright alright, I'll get to it."

I started cutting some garlic, butter. Mixed, spread it in the bread, and put it in a baking pan(?)

"You excited about tomorrow, metal shrimp?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, a little nervous though. I'm kinda nervous for what I'll be classified as" he chuckled a bit.what a cute dumbass hehe

I smacked his forehead with my wooden spoon for fun

"I'm gonna need you to learn how to cook properly young man. No woman wants a man who can't bother mincing a tomato, it's not even an onion"

"Alright alright, don't make such a hassle about it miss" ~>~

"Actually, just cut thick slice of tomatoes. No mincing at all, since you haven't even started. Slice through the middle like this"

I led his hand and cut the tomato while hole ding the knife with him. He seemed to be blushing but I payed no mind to it.

"Once you're done with 2 other tomatoes, I want you to bake the garlic bread and start boiling the potatoes. It's barely 4:56 pm and we haven't started at all" 

"Fine fine"

We started cooking more and more until I thought up of last minute deserts.

"Uh.. do you know any quick deserts we can make by 7 or 8 pm?"

"Haha you're funny, we can burn the kitchen again"

he had this sly mischievous smirk on his face

"Damn bro.. that's kinda harsh"

I hit the top of his head with my automail arm.

"I was only joking"

"Discipline, GET BACK HERE YOU PATHETIC SHRIMP"

I started chasing him and young imhis antenna bc why not fuhk u

"Make yourself useful and make cookies, if they're too burnt the family won't like it at all"

"Okay Okay chill tho"

There was a pause in the room. I took out the almost burnt batch of garlic bread and served dinner to Edward. Hopefully it wasn't poisoned

'Low key, is this shit a date??? I'm beating him up majority of the time haha.. maybe indirectly??'

"Here's your food wretched ant"

"Uh.. aren't you going to eat?"

His voice sounded a bit shaky. It's natural after being dragged everywhere by a ruthless girl over burning hot water.

"Should I? I don't really wanna cause you anymore trouble or anxiety after almost murdering you hehe"

" oh come on, you're not that bad y/n. But for now, let's call this a blind date."

I had a blank stare staring him down in his seat.

"It's not exactly a blind date idiot. Just call it a second date. And besides, don't you have a girlfriend at home or somethin'? "

"I only have a childhood best friend but she's only a friend. And besides, she you seem like a cheerful and helpful person to have around"

"I see. Don't get too attached then"

I laugh while putting my arms around his neck. Kind of a hug but while he's in his chair. I snuggled my head between his neck and stayed there until the cookies were done baking.

It felt.. comfortable..

"How's the pasta taste?"

"You do realize you're asking the guy that burnt water, right?"

" haha.. Fanny words, funny man. Stop joking with me how, does it taste?"

"..."

He ate a little more before giving an actual description.

"It tastes like shit-"

I never punched someone harder

-
Word count: 756