Chapter 30

-oOoOo-

Draco was currently eating the lunch that Kreacher had placed in front of him, the toddler was ignoring the old lady who was busy walking up and down while talking to herself. Walburga Black was in full rant mode.

"Conniving, backstabbing goblin bastards! How dare they treat me like that! A kept woman on an allowance, paid by that useless mongrel of a former son. I'll never live down the shame. Listen well Draco, these are the people who are stealing what's rightfully yours right out from under our noses. The Malfoy fortune will be gobbled up by a greedy ministry while the Black one is in the possession of the worst type of wizarding kind. People who betray their birthright and their bloodlines, betray the very woman who gave birth to him."

Kreature instantly handed her a glass of ice water, sensing that his beloved mistress needed it. She took a few sips before continuing. "Even having the mongrel put down won't help, that blasted goblin couldn't hide his gloating when he said that would invoke Lord Black's will. The snigger on the evil little shit's thing it calls a face could only mean there was someone other than you named to take over as head of our house. It can only be the Potter brat, Cissi told me they had the nerve to name him godfather to the whelp. We are going to have to be smart about this son, you will inherit and one day return the wizarding world to the old ways. When the dark lord returns, I will have you prepared to take your rightful place at his side."

Walburga had gotten it off her chest and now sat down to lunch, she wasn't quite finished though. "Kreacher, we're going to have to make some household savings so young master Draco here can have everything a young pureblood prince deserves. I refuse to lower myself to ask for a larger allowance, I also don't want anyone to discover Draco is staying here until he's older."

The faithful little elf couldn't hide the adulation in his large eyes. "Yes mistress. It shall be done."

-oOoOo-

Marge Dursley was all set to ambush this mysterious sister of Petunia's at the funeral. She didn't believe for one minute she was a lady and married to a lord, Petunia would have made sure the whole world knew about that! Marge was really hit hard by the deaths, how was she supposed to manage without Vernon looking out for her? The idea that all the cash from the insurance and sale of anything worthwhile would be placed in a trust fund for her nephew was ludicrous, where was her share? She was prepared to have it out with them today, face to face without these blasted lawyers tying her in knots with their big words. What she wasn't prepared for was the beautiful young redhead that turned up with an entourage.

Lily had James on one side of her and Alice on the other as she made her way down the centre of the funeral parlor, her target was the smaller of the two coffins sitting waiting at the front. Frank, Remus and Sirius followed on behind while constantly scanning their surroundings in a manner that would certainly dissuade anyone from approaching or interrupting Lily in any way.

The crying young woman placed her hand on the lid of her sister's coffin. "Thank you Petunia, your courage saved both our boys. I swear I will care for Dudley as if he was my own son. He will grow up loved and knowing what a brave woman his mother really was, you saved us all!"

Lily broke down at this and had to be helped back to a seat, she buried her head in her husband's chest and her tears gradually soaked through his shirt. She didn't hear one word of the sermon that followed, happier memories of her and Petunia growing up running through her mind. Her big sister had looked out for her when she was younger and now Lily would repay her by ensuring her son was loved as he grew up with his new family. It was only when the coffins were being removed that Lily snapped back to reality, she looked into her worried husband's eyes. "Take me home love, I couldn't face the cemetery."

When it was only the six of them remaining, they group portkeyed straight back to the Grangers. Lily found herself sitting on a sofa where all four children appeared to take turns at hugging her, Lily felt as if she needed all the hugs she could get.

Marge Dursley was still waiting outside the funeral parlor, knowing this was the only way in or out. Marge Dursley was prepared to wait all day if necessary but she would be having a long talk with this Lily character!

-oOoOo-