46

( A/N: OMG 1.1K!? Thank you 😭 !  

"Mom, don't go!" 14 year old Jaewon whined, crossing her arms and glaring at her mother standing near the door, car keys in hand. 

Jaewon's mother rolled her eyes, smiling a little before reaching down and gently patting her daughter's long black hair.

"Jae, you want food or not?" she grinned, knowing food was her daughter's weakness. 

"Of course but can't you go later? We can just order pizza or something tonight." Jaewon sighed, shying away from her mother's hand. 

Jaewon's mother stood up straight and smiled again, shaking her head as her long brownish black hair brushed past her shoulder. 

"I'll come back quick and we can make some homemade pizza, okay?" she winked. 

"No." Jaewon deadpanned.

Her mother laughed before giving a small wave and leaving. 

"Mommmm!" the young girl whined but her mother was already entering her car.

"Great." she pouted and turned away, heading towards the couch to watch some T.V. 

Jaewon's mother got into her car and drove off towards the supermarket, making a mental list of what to buy and adding strawberry lollipops to it last minute since she knew how much her daughter loved them. 

About an hour later of watching boring television, Jaewon heard a familiar voice.  

"Jae, where's your mother?"

Jaewon looked up to see her dad come downstairs, looking a little tired but still happy.

"She went out to buy groceries" Jaewon replied, once again angry.

"This late? I could have ordered pizza." the older man said, jumping into the couch next to the girl and snuggling her into a warm hug. 

"That's what I said!" Jaewon exclaimed, hugging him back. 

"I guess we're the smart one's in the family." her father chuckled before fistbumping her just as his phone started ringing. 

"Give me a second." he said, ruffling Jaewon's hair as he stood up and answered the phone, walking away a little distance but still within earshot of the girl. 

Jaewon quickly fixed her hair annoyed and turned off the T.V before glancing towards her father, curious as to what the call could be about. 

She watched as his face expression changed from his previous happy one to a surprised and then worried and then broken expression. 

"W..What happened?" Jaewon stuttered, slowly standing up. 

She didn't like the way he looked. She didn't like that serious expression on his face. 

Jaewon's father ended the call, turning to look at his daughter with wide eyes.

"Y...Your mother..."

Jaewon's eyes widened, now running towards her dad and grabbing his shoulders, worried since she had never seen tears in his eyes before. 

"What about mom?" she yelled but her father had a sudden blank expression on his face, as if he couldn't process anything. 

"Gone...she's gone..." he whispered before stepping away from his daughter. 

Jaewon stared at him, not noticing the sudden distance before them, her mind swirling with thoughts. 

No...It can't be 

Jaewon screamed. 

Within minutes, her father was taking her to the accident scene which was only a few blocks away since her mother had been on her way home during the...accident. 

Finally, they arrived at the scene and caught sight of their car destroyed, the body of a woman outside surrounded by blood. 

"MOM!" Jaewon yelled, running straight towards her.

The police made an attempt to catch her, trying to stop her from reaching the dead body but they couldn't catch the girl. 

Jaewon's father trudged forward, horrified at the sight of his wife covered in blood, lying on the ground as their broken car lay upside down, glass shattered everywhere. 

Jaewon fell down next to her mother's figure, knees immediately getting caked by blood. 

"Mom wake up!" the girl screamed, tears quickly streaming down her face at the lifeless figure.

"You can't die! You need to make homemade pizza with me!" Jaewon sobbed, falling backwards as police came forward and helped her up.

They practically dragged her away from the body as the girl yelled over and over again, wanting to be by her mother's side. 

"MOM!"

but the woman didn't wake up. Her eyes didn't fill up with light the way Jaewon usually saw them. 

She was gone, already dead. 

Jaewon screamed again as she was dragged out of the accident scene. She cried as she was forced away from her mother. 

and then she fainted when she passed a once white grocery bag, now soaked in scarlet red blood, where a box of strawberry lollipops lay. 

Jaewon's eyes shot up, breathing heavily and sweat almost dripping down her shocked and tired face. 

It had been a while since she dreamt of her mother.