▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

⌜                          ⌝

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

⌞                          ⌟

          UPON landing on Tatooine, Artemis grabbed her cloak and put it around her before pulling her hood up

"We're leaving the kid here while we look for some work," Din told her, making her raise an eyebrow.

"You want to leave the kid here alone?"

"He'll be fine," Din assured her, placing both of his hands on her shoulders. "Trust me on this one."

"Fine," Artemis said, "but don't be surprised when he's not around when we return."

"He will be," Din said, taking Grogu from his cradle before descending the ladder towards the main area. Artemis followed him down and watched him put Grogu into his small compartment.

"You stay right here, all right?" Din told the kid, before closing the door and opening the hatch.

Artemis saw three DUM-series pit droids rush out to service the Razor Crest, but they quickly retract when Din fired a warning shot.

"Hey!" a woman's voice came and seconds later she appeared from out of her office. "You damage one of my droids, you'll pay for it."

"Just keep them away from our ship," Din said, gesturing at the droids.

"Yeah?" the woman said, her eyes darting over the Razor Crest. "You think that's a good idea, do ya? Let's look at your ship." She banged on the ship. "Oof! Look at that. Ugh, you got a lot of carbon scorin' building up top. Yeah. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were in a shootout. Special tool for that one. I am gonna have to rotate that. You got a fuel leak. Look at that, this is a mess. How did you even land? That's gonna set you back."

"I've got five hundred Imperial Credits," Din said, handing them to her.

"That's all you got?" the woman questioned. "Well, what do you guys think?" she added, looking at her three droids, who shook their heads.

"That should at least cover the hangar," the woman told them.

"We'll get you your money," Din assured her.

"Hmm. I've heard that before."

"Just remember —"

"Yeah, no droids," the woman interrupted him. "You don't have to say it twice."

Din and Artemis turned around and left the hangar. Artemis stood still upon seeing the city and took it all in. Din, who had noticed she wasn't walking next to him anymore, turned around to watch her.