Chapter 1 - Garden Party

AUTHOR'S NOTE / PLEASE READ

Hey everybody! 

Welcome to HARLOVSEN - An Avengers Fanfiction. Before you read the story, please note that there will be a lot of "LANGUAGE!", graphic displays of violence and death and also kidnapping. If you feel uncomfortable with these subjects, please refrain from reading. You have been warned. 

Warning: There might also be a slow-burning romance? Who knows. Read to find out. 

English isn't my first language, so please excuse errors. If you enjoy it, please vote and comment. 

I hope you enjoy the story - here we go.

-FaYeMs

〰〰〰

"Something is coming. Something much bigger than we could ever imagine. We would be fools to think that the increasing appearance of threats over the last years is just a coincidence. I was assigned with the task to protect the earth from whatever there will come and, to be honest, I'm desperate for finding more fighters for our side."

Director Fury earlier words still echoed in Clint's head as he looked out of the window and over the clouds that acted like a white curtain, shielding the earth from his stare.

One by one, the Avengers had listed persons they could be asking, but the longer they had discussed their options, the clearer it had been that none of the propositions would work out.

Thor had offered to bring some of his Asgardian warriors, but after Loki had nearly destroyed New York, Director Fury had not been keen on getting even more extraterrestrials to the earth.

Clint had been silent the whole discussion. From all of the scenarios he'd played through in his head, only one had been reasonable. Still, he'd hesitated. A long time ago, he'd promised to contact her only as a last resort - and only for himself.

Clearing her throat, Natasha made herself noticeable. "Why are you so nervous?" she murmured. Clint frowned. Natasha was the person he trusted his life with, but even she didn't know the person he was aiming for - and their shared past.

"I owe her. She saved my ass more than once," Clint muttered. He curtly met Natashas' eyes. She knowingly nodded and focused on the sky outside.

"Who is she?" Steve asked, attracting Clint's attention. Clint turned around and met Steves' eyes before letting his gaze wander through the Quinjet. Almost everybody had insisted on joining the recruitment, curious about his proposition and the secret person.

"An old friend."

That was all that Clint answered. It was too early to give her identity away. In the wrong hands, information like this could be a deadly promise.

"I am excited to meet the lady who saves asses", Thor gleefully announced. He'd changed his usual Asgardian attire for simple jeans and shirt to, how he called it, mingle with the midgardians.

"And where are we going?" Tony pursed his lips. Since the start of the flight, he'd silently murmured into his earpiece, obviously trying to learn something about Clint's secret person. Of course, without result.

"Germany," Clint curtly answered.

"It'll better be worth it," Tony sighed, making himself comfortable on a bench to take a nap.

"When she says yes, It'll be worth every little bit," Clint retorted before he proceeded to look out of the window.

Bucky sat in one corner of the plane and played with a throwing knife, Tony was snoring, and the rest of the team were sitting around talking and eating. After some time, Clint felt the Quinjet lowering and recognized the familiar surrounding. It's been years since he'd been here for the last time. Almost silently, the jet debarked and the doors opened with a hiss.