Chapter IV: Don't depend on others for your happiness

"So?! What are your plans for today?!" Diya asks as we stroll to college. Surprisingly, Diya decides to accompany me today. Which she hasn't done for the past two and half years.

I don't mind squandering time with my roommate. Yes, it's squandering when it comes to Diya. You don't spend your time. You squander it when you're with her.

If her question wasn't so direct and hurtful.

Nevertheless, nothing can dampen my mood today. Not even, lack of plans on my birthday.

I went to the local Ganesh temple and did the Pooja there. Daddu and I used to do this every year on my birthday. We used to have so much fun back then.

But now I don't even have any plans for today.

Where was that best friend of mine when I needed her. Oh right!! She thinks my birthday was yesterday. And we celebrated it at Chao Mao where I left my own birthday party. Aj and her irrelevant thinking.

So, she left for some tournament. Some friends I have.

"I don't have any plans." I shrugged, nonchalantly. Like it was nothing for a birthday girl to say that. Ouu!! When deep inside my thoughts were like 'What had I done in my life to deserve this?!'

I frowned, thinking hard of my bad doings. I added itching powder in daddu's pants once. When he refused to walk me to park. But I was like nine or ten back then. Other than that I hadn't done anything worse. Just little fun things.

"Not even with that model husband of yours."

My steps halted as soon as the words left from Diya's mouth.

The first thing I did was to look around if anyone heard that.

My heart was beating too fast. I have no clue if that was because a) nobody has ever said model husband of yours to me. b) Or was that because somebody knew about my secret marriage. c) Or if anybody had heard that secret.

I can't remember off the top of my head that I ever mentioned to Diya anything about I being married to a model husband of mine.

When it was confirmed that everyone was busy and was minding their own business. I took Diya by her arm to a corner.

Looking at her I realized her expressions were more bewildered than mine.

Wasn't that my secret that got revealed?! But looking at her, why did it feel that it was her secret that had been revealed?!

Wait!!

"You knew!!" I whispered.

All this while when I assumed her to be asleep, she wasn't. She was eavesdropping on my conversations. Why would Diya even do that?!

"Are you a media person or what?! Keeping tabs on celebs personal life?!" I questioned her.

My beating multiplied thousand times more as the realization dawned upon me.

What if the news got leaked? What about Gashmir's career?! He already despises me and if I get in between his career he'll definitely kill me.

Diya's regretful expressions were replaced by a scowl, "that was the only thing left. I thought why not?!"

I have no clue if Diya was being sarcastic here or not.

But one thing is clear as crystal.

I'm doomed.

I always wonder how pacing back and forth solves problems. It doesn't. However, it does help to distract from the problem. That's the reason why the TV shows actors do it most often.