xl. pubs and snatchers

  PARIS SIGHED AS SHE AND RON FOUND THEMSELVES AT THE EDGE OF A DIFFERENT FOREST, the sky dark and gloomy

  PARIS SIGHED AS SHE AND RON FOUND THEMSELVES AT THE EDGE OF A DIFFERENT FOREST, the sky dark and gloomy. "fucking hell." her eyes pricked with tears as she pushed her hair out of her face, moving underneath one of the tall, looming trees.

ron noticed his friend's upset, which he deemed as more valid than his own. "i'll do the enchantments." he offered quietly, but the girl was already leant against the bark, her knees close to her chest, looking as if she couldn't care less about protective enchantments.

she fiddled with the rememberall in her hand, although she soon returned it to her pocket after the glass steamed up from her tears.

A FEW WEEKS WENT BY OF PARIS AND RON hiding out in an unknown wood, not exchanging much talk— unless ron had somehow found a way to get paris to smile, for at least a minute.

paris seemed to cry herself to sleep every night, although when ron would always check if she was okay, she would always says yes. though he knew she wasn't.

since they didn't have their own tent, they had to sleep on the ground, choosing the warmest and softest location that they could find each night— although it proved difficult.

one night was a quiet one, apart from the soft swaying of trees overhead, it was a deafening silence.

"she told me she loved me and i didn't say anything." paris spoke up in explanation. "that night, the night before we stopped talking."

ron sat up a little bit, causing the leaves underneath them to crinkle.

"i was scared, ron. it's so fucking stupid but i was." she sighed. "she saw me, you know? and she kinda changed me in a way, i suppose. of course i love her, i've never loved anyone more."

"i understand." the red-head nodded. "i've never been in love, but i think i'd like to."

"it makes you screwy."