𝟏𝟔

-
❞𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬. 𝐈❜𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐈❜𝐦 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲, 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥.❞
-
𝐙𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭
-

Tiredly sitting at the table with my head buried into my arms,I impulsively raised my head to read the clock from time to time, eventually noticing it was eight o'clock.

Finally on a break today, after doing everything that Josiah instructed me to do. I sat exhausted on the chair in the quiet soliliatary room.

I was so tired,that my mind wondered off fantasizing that someone will just appear out of nowhere, pick me up and take me home,without me even having to step foot on the ground.

At the back of my head, there was also a small voice begging me to eat, but I ignored it. It's not like I would pass out if I didn't eat in two seconds. I had literally sneaked some fries and nuggets while my co-workers were on a break hours earlier, I should be fine.

My lonesome peaceful moment was suddenly interrupted by someone coming into the staff room. Hearing the soft footsteps growing louder and closer,I immidiately faked sleeping by staying still since I didn't want to be bothered by anyone.

When the footsteps stopped,I felt someone's presence next to me, by my right side. Their body radiating heat, their feminine scent invading my nostrils and their loud breathing noise irritating my ears.

Soon whoever was by right by my side, tapped me trying to wake me up from my fake sleep.

Seconds later, I slowly looked up confused, trying to make it look credible that I had just woken up.
The person standing next to me was only Samantha.

"Girl,wake up." She demanded

From the side of my eye, I had noticed she rolled her eyes and seconds later I even heard her muble under her breath that I apparently "did nothing."

I disliked when they did this.People around me would constantly swear up and down  that I was lazy or always slacking. But,the reality was that I was doing my best and it would never be approved by them.It would never be enough for them.I hated the superiority complex that blinded them to see my worth. But I never spoke against it due to the fear of being totally ignored.

So I ignored her,not wanting any drama as she quickly got on her phone relentlessly tapping the screen,texting whoever.

I really disliked her attitude for me, it was just so unnecessary. I already had it bad at home,this just reminded me of when I used to go to school.

"I'm up already" I sighed.

"Well,it's time to clock out the day is over for us.So get you things and go home.I already got mine" she raised her stuff up to me, basically dangling them in my face.

There was literally no reason to be like this.

"I  didn't really come with something,so I guess.. Imma just go home now"