1.21

________________

ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

_______________

Jeno sipped into his coffee while listening to his other members having conversation about god knows what

Jeno doesn't pay attention to them that much since he felt really tired. He just came back to his office, settling a case about a woman's house got robbed.

Jeno being the professional he is settle the case easily.

He looked around the office watching other officers being busy as usual, answering calls, walking back and forth from this table to that table with their folders and finishing their report to hand it to the upper.

His attention then stopped to the entrance as he saw a little boy, eyes red and puffy while looking around like a lost puppy.

He furrowed his eyebrows and immediately got up, heading towards the little boy.

"hey buddy, what's wrong?" he asked with a soft toned as he crouched down to the same level as the boy.

"I was waiting for my noona, she said she wants to buy ice cream for us" jeno nodded his head, listening attentively to the boy.

He sniffed as he rubbed his red eyes before continue, "but I've been waiting for 2 hours already and she didn't come back, when I came to the ice cream truck, I saw her wallet on the ground"

The little boy said before handing his sister's wallet to jeno. Jeno opened the wallet and found a picture of a girl.

"this is your noona?" he asked and the little boy nodded.

"what's your name?" he asked again and the little boy pouted his lips before answering, "minjae- please find noona, I'm worried for her"

Jeno nodded his head before leading minjae to the seats. "what's wrong jeno?" a voice approached making him snapped towards the owner of the voice.

"oh jaemin, can you please wait here, accompanying minjae? I want to find Chenle" Jeno said, pointing to Minjae.

Jaemin grinned before nodding his head, taking a seat beside minjae.

"sir, you will find my noona right?" minjae asked the elder. Jaemin nodded his head, "of course we will, we're very professional and experts so we will surely find your noona safely"

Minjae nodded his head, still pouting. "aww c'mon, do you want to call your mom and dad?"

Minjae nodded his head again, "but there's on a business trip, I'm here with noona but now noona is missing"

Jaemin pouted a little before patting the boy's head. "it's okay, hyung is here" he said, smiling reassuringly.

'

"do you remember your noona phone number, we could try call her?"

Chenle asked Minjae and the boy immediately nodded his head, writing down the phone number and Chenle immediately dialed the number.

Everyone waiting for the answer as Chenle put the phone on speaker.

"it's ringing" Jisung said while staring at the phone.

They waited for a few second and the owner of the number, picked up the call. "record the call" Jeno commanded and Chenle obeyed.

They could hear someone on the other line panting heavily. "h-hello, anyone, please help me" the girl whispered.

"miss, please tell me your location and tell me your condition right now" Chenle spoke.

"I don't know where am I, but you guys can track my phone right" Chenle facepalmed as he forgot that he can the phone easily.

"I'm fine just my head is a bit hurt" she whispered again and they could hear her moving.

"I heard someone- please come quick"

Just then they heard the door bang, "open the door!" they heard a yelled from the other line. "please don't end the phone call miss, try to hide, we will arrive as fast as possible"

"please be quick-" she whispered and her words got cut as she shouted. "I told you to open the door"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" she yelled.

Jeno, Renjun and Jisung immediately got up, getting their guns before heading out from the department.

"they gonna save my noona right?" minjae asked in a quiet voice. Jaemin smiled warmly before nodding his head.

"your noona will be safe, don't worry"

'

"hyung, you need to be quick, take shortcut, she's currently hiding inside the closet and the man is getting mad even more"

"5 minutes more" Jeno said, eyes focused on the road. He takes a sharp u-turn, shocking Renjun and Jisung.

Renjun immediately held his seatbelt tight. "I hope you don't kill us"

Jeno let out a dry chuckled, stay unbothered as he speeding even more, try to arrive at the location as fast as possible.

If he's not fast enough, the man could possibly hit the girl and even worst kill her.

He needs to save the girl, he promised to Minjae.

"hyung!-"

"we're here!" Jisung said cutting Chenle's word as they immediately walked out from the car, aiming their gun forwards as they walked inside the house carefully.

They could hear a screaming and shouted upstairs.

"you went upstairs, I wait here" Renjun said and they nodded.

They ran upstairs and saw a man on top of the girl, choking her as the girl struggled to breath, legs kicking the floor multiple times.

"POLICE! LET HER GO!"

The man flinched and immediately looked behind him, letting go the girl and slowly got up.

"get down on the floor!" Jisung commanded.

But instead of listening to the officer, he ran to the window to run away. "Renjun, he ran away!" Jeno shouted as he ran downstairs, chasing the man.

Renjun who's at downstairs immediately chased the man as saw a glimpsed of man running out to the gates.

Renjun being the fast runner he is caught the man easily. He pushed him down to the ground. "let me go!" he groaned as he tried to push Renjun away.

"shut up and obey" Jeno warned as he placed his leg behind his back while Renjun cuffing the man before dragging him inside the car.