🌻Chapter 39

🌻

They waited in a side room, away from the reception area for the royal family. Yaya appeared almost instantly. She still hadn't dressed in her bridal clothes. Gulf was relieved by Yaya's lack of preparation. He was happy enough to delay the sight of her as Mew's bride.

"I need to talk to you," she said urgently.

What in the world could she want to talk about? As soon as she'd seen them, her face had hardened with an iron determination.

"What's going on?" AA asked.

Yaya remained distracted. She didn't seem to have heard AA's question. But a few moments later, she turned her eyes on Gulf, her jaw tense. She was ready to talk.

"I have a request," she said.

Gulf was startled by her grave expression. He couldn't imagine what Yaya would need from him.

"From me...?" he asked dubiously, and Yaya nodded emphatically.

"Yes, from you."

AA also looked flabbergasted, frowning uncertainly at Yaya. But he didn't interrupt.

"I'm not sure I can help you," Gulf said, trying to buy some time. Yaya was pressing him for an answer, but he hadn't even heard the request yet. It pained him to see how serious the young woman was. "What do you need?"

Yaya's lips tightened and she let out a long sigh. "I don't want to marry Mew."

TBC