Forty four

Erin ran down the hallway to the room she'd been paged to by Mark. She burst inside, seeing Derek, Mark, Callie, George and Owen holding a patient down while he screamed, his daughter crying in the corner of the room.

"Erin, need a hand over here!" Callie grunted. Erin nodded and grabbed the man's shoulders, feeling around his neck for the weak spot. He shoved Callie and she flew onto the floor. Erin pressed under his jaw and he gasped, falling back unconscious on the bed.

"Pressure points," Erin said to everyone's questioning gaze. "Callie's got a broken nose, though, Mark, if you want to take care of that," she said.

"Let's go, soldier," Mark helped Callie up onto her feet and out of the room.

"Grey, you're on this case with us," Owen said.

"Oh, just Erin," Derek said for her. "Too many Greys running around here," he chuckled.

"What?" Owen said.

"Both of my sisters work here. It gets confusing with three of us," Erin said.

"Okay. Erin, you're on this case," Owen said.

"Cool," Erin said. She turned to the little girl and smiled. "Hi, I'm Erin. What's your name?" she asked.

"Ivy," she said. Erin nodded.

"Okay, sweetheart. Why don't we go outside so that the doctors can just patch your dad up and we'll get some drinks and snacks to stay awake?" she said. Ivy nodded and Erin held her hand out. "Come on," she said. Ivy took her hand and Erin led her out of the room, not noticing the smile Owen was giving her.

"Don't look at her that way," Derek said once the door was closed.

"What?" Owen said.

"Don't look at Baby Grey that way," he said.

"I wasn't. Not like that. I've got to pick for the solo surgery. She's good," Owen said. Derek's glare dropped.

"She's brilliant," George said.

"She is," Derek agreed.

"She's got good patient care," Owen nodded.

Erin walked over to Alex, Cristina and Meredith.

"Hi," she said.

"None of my interns are answering," Cristina said. 

"Ours aren't, either," Alex said.

"They're idiots," Meredith scowled.

"Mine are fixing Callie's broken nose with Mark, working with Derek and Hunt on a trauma patient or they're with the patient's daughter," Erin shrugged. Something flashed on Cristina's face and she ran off. Erin sighed and walked towards the vending machine.

"Erin?" Lexie said. Erin looked up. "Do you, uh, have a minute?" she said shakily. Erin raised her eyebrows. Lexie looked terrified.

"What did you do?" she asked.

"What did she do?" Meredith stepped over. Lexie motioned for them to follow her and they ran down the hallway.

"I guess we're gonna find out," she said.

They burst into the OR Lexie had led them to, their mouths dropping open when they saw Sadie unconscious on the table while another intern stood over her. She was cut open and it was clear they'd attempted an appy.

"I think she's dying," the intern whispered. Erin heard a gasp as Cristina skidded to a stop behind them. Erin's mouth dropped open.

"Her BP is dangerously low," Meredith said, jumping into action. They followed quickly.