five, desperate

over the weekend y/n's brother had been buried, there wasn't much of a funeral seeing as it was only her and her aunt. she had cried all the tears she had left. it was now monday, she was determined to continue on her life as normal. she refused to let her feelings out so all she did over the weekend was push them aside.

she now wore black, cargo-like shorts that stopped mid thigh, a green and black striped crop top, and black and white converse high tops. she grabbed her phone and her backpack before heading out. 

y/n drove her car to the dojo, noticing a line of kids, all boys how surprising, waiting outside as she parked. she also noticed miguel and hawk walking up towards the door.

the kids outside of the dojo open the door for hawk and miguel. y/n begins walking up, seeing hawk raising a fist towards the boys which makes them jump back in fear.

"you got a long road ahead of you." hawk chuckles. miguel walks in, and just as hawk is about to too y/n pushes him aside, "move."

"hey!" he defends, pushing her back and causing her to stumble into the dojo. "don't touch me!" she exclaims, turning around and pushing him back once more. "you don't touch me!" hawk says, before he can push her again miguel speaks up catching their attention.

"what the hell happened here?" miguel asked, y/n's eyes scanned the place, seeing the shattered mirror and the burned wall.

uninterested, y/n walks away to the locker room to change into her gi. once she gets back she notices there are no new students and miguel and hawk are upfront getting questioned by sensei.

she cautiously walks over and falls in next to aisha. "miss l/n!" she almost flinches at the sound of her name being called, "yes, sensei!"

"two cobras in the jungle. one kills the strongest lion, the other kills a crippled monkey. which cobra do you wanna be?"

"the one that kills the lion, sensei." she replies, he nods. "miss robinson, why is that?"

"because it killed the stronger animal." aisha responds instantly.

"correct! cobra kai is about being badass. and the baddest badass is the one who beats his opponent when he's at his strongest. not when his back is turned. not when he's injured!"

y/n eyebrows furrowed, he was the one who have the the "no mercy" nonsense lesson before the tournament begun so why was he so upset that they had applied it?

the rest of the session was pretty basic, aisha leading the class, hawk and miguel doing push ups throughout most of it.

aisha and y/n were now walking out of the dojo, "oh, hold up. i'll be right back." aisha spoke, y/n who nodded in response. she leaned up against the outside of the dojo, waiting for aisha to finish talking to sam who was in her car on the curb.

"what are you still doing here? you're not invited." hawk spits, walking out of the dojo with miguel, who is staring over at sam.

"actually miguel invited me, dickwad." y/n scoffed. hawk groaned, throwing his head back, "seriously, dude? why?" miguel didn't respond, too busy still watching sam and aisha.

"you know, i wasn't born with enough middle fingers to show you how i feel about you." hawk said to y/n, who rolled her eyes. "yeah, and i wasn't born with enough patience to deal with you."

"let's go guys!" aisha smiled, walking back towards her friends while sam drove off. "she doesn't wanna talk to me, does she?" miguel sighed sadly. y/n walked over and threw her arm over his shoulders, which was actually surprisingly hard since he was a bit taller than her.

"i'm not gonna lie, from the looks of it, she doesn't even wanna be near you. look dude, you gotta just stop thinking about her for a day. so what, she broke up with you, whatever. eventually she'll wanna talk things out, but that's not gonna happen if you keep insisting, makes you look desperate, don't be desperate."

"you're desperate." hawk laughed, earning a glare from y/n. "and you're a little bitch."

"do you kiss your parents with that mouth?" miguel and aisha rolled their eyes at their friends' antics.

"do you ever have any good comebacks?" y/n questioned, crossing her arms over her chest. "can we just go?" miguel asked blankly.

they all walked over to y/n's car, miguel throwing his scooter into the trunk. just as hawk was about to do the same y/n stops him, "ah, ah, ah. you can take that thing, cause you're not getting in my car.

"y/n." aisha warned, grabbing the scooter from hawk and putting it in the trunk herself. y/n laughs, getting into the drivers seat with miguel on the passenger side and hawk and aisha in the back.

"mmm, why does it smell like strawberries in here." miguel asks, sniffing around causing y/n to laugh. "it's just that thing." she points to the air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror.

"funny, how you chose a sweet smell when you're anything but." hawk mumbles. "shut the fuck up." y/n replies as she begins backing out of her parking spot.

"seriously, i'm surprised aisha is friends with you. you're so violent and mean, no wonder you never had girl friends."

"yeah well at least i had friends, loser."

"hey! i had friends." hawk defends. "yeah, demetri." the girl driving snickers.

"i'm starting to think you guys wanna fuck each other." aisha speaks up, a blank expression on her face, miguel laughs at her words.

"oh, hell no!" hawk exclaims, making a gagging sound. "don't ever say that shit again!" y/n exclaims, at the same time. the thought of what aisha said making the enemies shudder in disgust.