09

unable to sleep, george blankly stares at the strobing lights on the television in front of him. he's careful not to move, the exhausted girl on his shoulder snoring softly. adjusting to a more comfortable position, he moves his hand to carefully run it through her hair. 

george opens snapchat on his phone, seeing notifications from the sex havers ft sapnap. he slides to the camera, seeing his and dev's reflection illuminated by the phone's brightness. he studies the screen carefully, mesmerized by the way his best friend slept soundlessly next to him. george wasn't trying to be weird, but he couldn't pull his eyes away from her. 

it was rare for devyn to fall asleep in the company of others, she enjoyed having privacy when she slept, hence another reason she wasn't fond of sharing her sleeping space. meaning, it was rare for george to see her asleep like this. as he looked intently at her reflection, he started to notice her soft features, and how beautifully her hair framed her face. 

has she always been this pretty?

he shook his head, overwhelmed by feelings that he had never had for dev before. or anyone else for that matter. this wasn't like the typical, meaningless crushes that sapnap would tease him for; this was that gut-wrenching, heart-pounding, tingly sensation in his stomach that made him nauseous. geroge suddenly felt very conscious and aware of his surroundings, his chest starting to tighten. he was captivated by her very presence, the weight of her head becoming increasingly heavy. he took deep breaths and tried to reassure himself that he was alright, exhaling slowly. his hands withdrew from her hair, moving to fidget in his lap, his snapchat reply long abandoned. 

it was like he had awoken for the first time, seeing her in a new light. george liked devyn. maybe even more than like, maybe loved. her smile, her laugh, the way she spoke to him so casually, his name rolling off her tongue. but he knew he couldn't have her, she was out of his league and had only ever seen him as a friend. maybe she could feel the same about me, george thought to himself. his own reassurance was the only thing keeping him grounded. 

it had taken him too many years to count to have this sudden revelation on the couch, in the middle of the night. deep down he knew that he didn't have the gall to ever tell her how he felt. at least he knew how he felt now, he was properly in love with his best friend. 

george looks to the ceiling, closing his eyes. 

𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑚'𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑑𝑜𝑚
SHORT IK BUT I'M BACK-ISH. HEY SHAWTIES SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE OMFG. I've been so busy with practice and school but IM HERE. LAST TIME I UPDATED WE HAD 100 READS NOW WE'RE AT 300 WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING HOLYYYYY <3 HAVE A GREAT DAY ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎