Chapter XXXVI

Jinora set the plate down onto the table carefully as Katara did the same on the other side.
"Gran Gran are you sure it's okay for us to stay here?" Jinora asked, knowing that the three had just turned up at this old woman's cottage on short notice.

Katara smiled at her granddaughter.
"Don't you worry. It's nice to have some company around here." She answered.
"You can all stay for as long as you like. It saves me from cleaning up."

Jinora chuckled as she set down a few knives and forks.
"Is that the only reason you let us stay?" She joked.
"So we could clean up the place for you?"

Katara laughed and shrugged.
"Perhaps."

Both of their heads turned towards the door as someone had knocked on it firmly. Korra and Asami had left only a few moments ago, surely they couldn't be back already? Jinora raised a brow in caution as she approached the door, clicking the handle down and opening it slightly.
"Kai?"

Kai was just as shocked as she was.
"Jinora? I didn't know you lived here."

"I don't, this is my grandmother's cottage. What are you doing here?" She asked, opening the door fully.

"I must've went the wrong way." Kai sighed, smacking his face in the process. He was never good with maps and directions.
"I'm looking for Katara. Would you happened to know where she is?"

Jinora gestured for the boy to step inside and he did. Katara moved around the table and stood next to her granddaughter.
"Yes, I do actually." Jinora said as she motioned to the old woman next to her.

Kai looked between the two women.
"Oh, Hello." He said, holding out his hand. Katara softly shook his hand in a greeting.
"Kya told me to come see you. She said that you have something that could treat a burn?"

Katara nodded and spun herself around, walking over to her equipment so she could get to work immediately. Jinora raised a brow at his request as they both sat down at the table.
"Why for a burn? Are you okay?"

"Me? I'm fine. It's for a friend." Kai replied. He probably shouldn't mention Kuvira, she is a wanted woman after all. And the very woman that had manipulated a friend of Jinora's. He didn't know how she would react. He gave a glance over to the old woman that had her back turned to the two, she wasn't listening to their conversation. He leaned closer to Jinora and whispered to her.
"Have you spoke to Korra recently?"

Jinora chuckled and nudged him back into his seat.
"It's okay, Gran Gran knows about Korra. She's the one that saved her." She explained.
"And to answer your question, yes I have. She's down by the river in fact."

Kai paused for a minute, did he hear that right?
"What?"

"Are you sure you're okay Kai?" Jinora asked with a grin. He was rather jumpy than the last time they met.
"Korra is down by the river with Asami."

He was even more confused now. Korra and Asami? Did Asami actually trust Korra after everything? It didn't make sense, what had been happening in this town? Jinora noticed his confused expression, she probably told him a bit too much.
"I'll let Korra explain all of it to you." She said.

"Yeah.. There's a lot to catch up on." Kai chuckled as he leant further back on it's chair, causing it to rock on two legs.
"Actually, could you give me a brief explaination? I feel like we will be here for a while." Kai asked. They might as well talk about something whilst they wait.

Jinora let out a laugh. He was probably right.
"Sure thing." This will be interesting.

<->