Finding The Sire Line

VANESSA's POV:

I silently watched Jeremy play baseball with Kol next to me. That was until we heard the same annoying voice. 

Elena: There he is.

Kol and I looked at each other: Elena.. 

Jeremy swings at the ball and misses.

Vanessa: he should take lessons from you. 

Kol cringes at his terrible performance and then says: yeah me too. 

We kept listening to their conversation. 

Damon: Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball.

Elena then walks over to the cage.

Elena: Hey Jer!

Jeremy: Elena? What's wrong?

Damon, Elena, and Jeremy are walking out of the batting cages. Damon explains what has happened over the past few months.

I turned to Kol who had rage written all over his face. 

Kol: i might not have liked Finn. But he is my brother. They will pay for that.

Vanessa: I agree Kol.

Kol smirks. 

Vanessa:  let's go. 

Kol: there's the girl i love. 

Damon: Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose.Jeremy: So, you travelled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?Damon: Dead vampire is redundant, but yes.Jeremy: Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose.Damon: What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?Elena: Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection.Jeremy: Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done.

Jeremy walks away. Elena turns around and sees Kol and I walking towards them.]

Elena: Jer...
We stopped to talk to Jeremy. Jeremy : Hey man. Hey Salvatore. Elena: Damon, it's Kol!

Kol hits Damon with a wooden baseball bat. The bat breaks in half and Damon falls to the ground. I then use the witch side of my to keep Elena still and in her place so she can't help Damon. 

Jeremy: What are you doing?!Elena: Jeremy, get back! He's an Original.
I rolled my eyes: no he's a chipmunk. Jeremy: What?
Kol had to resist laughing at my sarcastic comment. Kol: No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds.

[Kol grabs an aluminium bat from the bat rack.]

Kol: You know, I'll never get use to aluminium. But hey, at least it won't break.
I then mumbled something in my head: I hate aluminium. Kol then spoke back in his head too: me too darling. 

Kol swings to hit Damon with the bat, but Damon grabs it and with his other hand picks up half of the broken wooden bat and stabs Kol through the chest with it. Kol falls to the ground.

Vanessa: KOL! 
I then start to get dizzy and collapse on the ground.
 Jeremy: Did you kill him?Damon: No, but it'll give us a head start. Okay, come on.
Elena: but your sister...
Damon: they will both heal and wake up.
Elena: you do realise if we ever kill Kol... Vanessa will slowly die too.She'll shut it off and not even Davina will be able to turn it on.
Damon huffs: yes I am aware of that Elena. Now drop it and let's go. 

Damon grabs Elena, who is shocked, and they leave the batting cages.