→ 𝙞𝙞𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE MEATLOAF?" MIKE'S MOM ASKED THE THREE BOYS, THEM ONLY MESSING WITH THE FOOD. After witnessing that, the powers, the essence, the nosebleeds, the eyes. There's no way anyone could just function normally after that. "Oh, no, I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch," Dustin spoke quickly, scarred from Seven's eyes. "I don't know why." He continued, the woman smiling and nodding awkwardly, Lucas agreeing. "Me too." He spoke, Nancy taking a chance. "It's delicious, Mommy." She spoke, Mike looking to her before drinking some of his milk. "So, there's this special assembly thing tonight for Will at the school field. Barb's driving." Nancy spoke, Karen cutting her food. "Why am I just hearing about this?" She asked, Nancy playing with her fork. "I thought you knew." She answered, Karen sighing. "I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found." Karen reminded, the three boys looking to each other.

"I know, I know, but it'd be super weird if I'm not there. I mean, everyone's going." Nancy spoke, Karen sighing again. "Just... be back by ten." She spoke, Nancy nodding as her Mom turned to the three boys. "Why don't you take the boys, too?" She asked, them denying quickly. "No!" Karen looked to them startled. "Don't you think you should be there? For Will?" She asked, Nancy glaring at her brother. Sev lead the way as the twins walked down the stairs. Mike noticed the two, choking on his milk before Karen looked back. Before Dustin hit the table aggressively, causing the woman to look at him before seeing Sev and El. "Sorry. Spasm." He apologised, Sev leading El to the basement again as Holly cried. "It's okay, Holly. It's just a loud noise." Karen soothed, the three boys looking to each other alarmed. "Nice." Nancy commented sarcastically, Mike not bothering to reply.

––––––☆––––––

"NO ADULTS. JUST US AND SOME MEATLOAF." MIKE SPOKE AS HE HANDED THE LARGE TRAY TO EL. "Where's the other one?" Dustin asked, El looking up to the boy before pointing behind him. Both Dustin and Lucas turned to see Sev sat with his back to them, messing with something. "Sev?" Mike asked, the boy looking back to them as Lucas and Dustin flinched. "What are you doing?" Mike asked slowly, Sev looking down to the Yoda figure in his hands. "Okay..." Mike spoke, Sev nodding before getting up and walking past the three back to El, them flinching. The twins then looked to Dustin and Lucas, them gazing at the two. "Don't worry. They won't tell anyone about you two. They promise, right?" Mike spoke, asking his friends as they nodded slowly. "We never would've upset you if we knew you had superpowers." Dustin grinned, Mike reaching back to hit his leg. "What Dustin is trying to say is that they were just scared... earlier."

Mike spoke, Sev grabbing some of the meatloaf and leaning back, nibbling on it. "Very scared." Dustin whispered as he looked to Sev, the boy not realising. "We just wanted to find our friend." Lucas assured, El looking to him. "Friend?" She asked, Sev leaning forward intrigued. "Yeah, friend. Will?" Lucas spoke, Sev looking up at him. "What is 'friend'?" He asked slowly, El nodding just as slow as Lucas' face scrunched up. "Are they serious?" Lucas asked Dustin, Mike dismissing them. "Uhm, a friend-" "A friend is someone that you'd do anything for." Mike spoke, interrupting Dustin as Sev turned to him. "You lend them your cool stuff, like comic books and trading cards." Dustin spoke with a small smile, Sev looking to him as he finished his slice of meatloaf, slowly warming up to the three. "And they never break a promise." Mike added on, Lucas stepping forward. "Especially when there's spit." He spoke, both twins looking to him.

"Spit?" El questioned, Lucas nodding. "A spit swear means," Sev's face contorted into one of disgust when Lucas spat on his own hand. "you never break your word. It's a bond." Sev watched as Lucas then shook hands with Dustin, the boy wiping it on his pants afterwards as Sev grimaced. Never doing that, he thought whilst Mike turned to them again.

"That's super important, because friends... they tell each other things. Things that parents don't know."

––––––☆––––––

SEV FOLLOWED EL TO A SMALL TABLE, A BOARD GAME SAT UPON IT. The two then sat at the table in sync, the boys weirded out. "What are the weirdos doing?" He asked Mike, El pressing her hands to the board and shutting her eyes. The boys watched as El squeezed her eyes shut, Sev then doing the same. They both opened their eyes and El nodded to Sev, the boy picking up the wizard piece. "Will." El spoke, the three boys perking up. "Superpowers." Dustin spoke in amazement, the twins ignoring him. "Did you guys see him? On Mirkwood? Do you know where he is?" Mike asked gently, Sev putting the piece down as El wiped everything off of the table, flipping the board over. Sev then put the wizard piece in the middle. "I don't understand." Mike spoke, El staring at the piece. "Hiding." She spoke, the boys leaning forward. "Will is hiding?" Mike asked.

El nodded, Sev moving closer to her as Mike continued his questioning. "From the bad men?" He asked, the twins looking to each other before El shook her head at Sev, his face dropping lightly. "From who?" Mike asked, Sev putting a monster piece onto the board shakily. Dustin was in the same state as he sighed,

What monster?

---------------------------------------------

[938 words!]

Hope you enjoyed!!

Byeeee!