Chapter 57: Johnten

{EDITED AND PUBLISHED}

It was the second day of practice for the week, and the concert was getting closer. Just the thought of it made David nervous and anxious. He wanted to make Johnny and Ten proud with his performance skills but wow was it stressful to just think about it.

He sat on the dance studio floor going over his lines. He warmed up his voice with some of the things Ten had taught him and practiced the high notes that were given to him. It was early in the morning so his voice wasn't in its best condition.

However, the fact that he was alone in the studio helped him sing with more confidence. The others had gone to go buy coffee and energy drinks before they started practice because the energy was needed. He didn't feel like going so he just told Jian to bring him whatever.

Now he found himself trying to hit high notes in the early morning of Tuesday. He then practiced his duet with Emma, which would actually be the opening of the concert. Therefore, he could not mess up his performance with Emma. Not only did he not want to disappoint her but he didn't want to disappoint the neos.

He practiced until the others got back with their coffees. Jian walked up to him and gave him an energy drink. "got you this and it's even in your favorite flavor "simping for Emma"

"Thanks" David responded with a fake smile as he strongly patted his best friend's back.

Jian smiled back in pain and patted David on the shoulder. "You're welcome"

Before the two could start a conversation, they heard a loud clap followed by Emma's voice. "Alright is everyone ready to start practice?" She asked cheerfully.

"Yeah" most of them answered with not as much energy as her.

"Not really" Jian answered playfully which made David chuckle.

Emma looked at Jian with a smile that said 'well you better find the energy'. "Sucks for you now get in position for moonwalk"

Once everyone was in position and ready to go, they started actual practice.

"I don't like Taeyong's plan", Ten said with a pout as he threw on the bed. He was gonna take a nap, but before he was gonna complain to Johnny.

Johnny looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "and that is because?" He asked his boyfriend.

"I don't just want to sit here and let everyone do the work" Ten explained with a sigh. He wanted to go out and use his brain to figure something out, but Taeyong had told him to just do what he has been doing and stay at the apartment.

"okay fair reason", Johnny told him. He sat on the bed and continued to lay next to Ten. "but you do realize that Taeyong has a point? we can't put ourselves in danger when we have David"

"I know" Ten responded because the last thing he would like to do is put his own son in danger.

"and we can trust Donghyun, Yeongdo, Zach, and Josh to look for clues and have them figure something out", Johnny added slowly.

"I know"

"then what's the problem?" Johnny asked his boyfriend.

Ten turned to him with a serious expression. "my BEST Friend is missing, I should be doing something"

"she's also my best friend, and we both know that she wouldn't want us risking the idea of exposing us and our plan" Johnny stated knowing that if he didn't reason Ten out the idea of doing something then the Thai would go on and do something.