kissing in the rain

A walk through the park with Jihyo seemed like the perfect way to spend the afternoon. At first, the sun was shining bright and the birds were chirping. But somewhere along the way, the sun moved behind the dark grey clouds and everything went quiet.

You and Jihyo didn't pay it much mind. You continued walking and swinging your intertwined hands together. You talked about anything and everything together and stole a kiss or two from her cheek.

However, when a moment of comfortable silence hit, it was ruined by the clap of thunder in the distance.

You jumped at the loud and sudden sound and a gasp fell from your lips. Jihyo squeezed your hand in comfort, hoping it'd help calm you.

"I didn't even notice how dark it was," Jihyo said as she stared up at the sky. "It's definitely gonna storm. We should head back to the car and go home before it gets too bad."

You nodded in agreement and turned back around. You knew it was gonna be a long walk since you walked pretty far. But you thought you'd make it back before things got too bad.

However, a raindrop on your shoulder followed by two more, made you rethink that. Jihyo felt them too, feeling them hit her arm and her head.

"Maybe it'll just be a few drops."

But as soon as the words left her mouth, it started to pour. You were drenched in seconds, soaked through your clothes as it came down hard.

"Or not!"

You rolled your eyes playfully and gripped her hand a little tighter before you sped up, turning your walk into a careful jog.

It was only when Jihyo stopped walking that your feet froze on the wet ground. You turned around, staring at her in concern.

"You okay? Are you out of breath or something?'

She just shook her head as her lips tugged into a smile.

"Then why'd you stop?"

"Because," she paused and pulled you closer so she could hold you in her arms and hover her lips over yours. "I've always wanted to kiss in the rain."

Although you were soaking wet and your shoes sloshed with every step you took and the rain continued to pour, you still looped your arms around her neck and brought her in for a kiss.

You pressed your lips onto hers and she kissed you back instantly. It was sweet and romantic, a soft little peck turning into a kiss that was so perfect that it almost felt like your head was in the clouds.

Slowly, you pulled away from her lips. She dropped her forehead onto yours and caught her breath as a big and bright smile appeared on her face.

"I love you."

"I love you too," You said and kissed her again, this one causing a soft sigh to fall from her lips and onto yours. "Was this moment as great as you hoped it'd be?" You wondered, to which she just nodded her head and scrunched her nose up in happiness.

"Even better. It was spectacular."

You giggled and pecked her lips before a clap of thunder startled you once more. This time, it was even closer than before and you both went wide-eyed at the realization.

"Okay, time to go. Can you run?"

You nodded and ran as fast, but as carefully, as you could to the car that was a good distance away.

As soon as you were inside, you shivered from the rain and the breeze that seemed to come out of nowhere.

She turned the heat on for a moment until you warmed up and laid her hand over yours while her other hand was on the wheel.

"Ready to go home? We'll spend the rest of the day cuddling and watching movies."

"Sounds perfect."

She nodded and gave you one more kiss before she began to drive home to give you all the cuddles your heart desired.