VooDoo (George Weasley)

A/N: The Laveau family was one of the only families in French Louisiana that possessed magic, VooDoo magic, but now their bloodline is ending, Y/n Laveau keeps the magic alive (No Voldemort)

3rd POV:
Y/n Laveau was quite the character, descending from African and French descendant. The sorting hat took longer than Harry Potter to place her into Slytherin or Ravenclaw, but eventually settling with Slytherin. Over the years, students at Hogwarts learned about Voodoo and their spiritual beliefs and practices.

Tarot card reading became quite popular with the students, Y/n performed them on her roommate for practice and word got out and now she did reading for most students, showing them their past, present and future, and even sometimes altering their future, but it came with a price. Either it be, you save her a piece of chicken, do her homework, or even taking a visit to the other side.

Something that everyone learned about were voodoo dolls, an effigy to which pins are inserted to create pain to the person the doll was linked too. It set a reputation for Y/n, if you ever crossed her, you might just get a needle to the heart.

Fast forward 6 years, Y/n enters her 6th year with the Carrow Twins and Graham Montague. The twins were her roommates and she met Graham in detention after hexing a 5th year.

"What are you doing?" Flora looked at her friend who was currently pulling out needles from her bag and sticking them into a doll.

"One of the Gryffindors thought it was a good idea to try to steal my tarot cards, just giving them some medicine." Y/n smirked and pushed one into the thigh of the doll, which made one of the girls from the Gryffindor table let out a scream.

Y/n smirked and watched as her housemates tend to her and see if she was alright. Y/n waited a few more moments before sticking two more needles in the same spot, letting the girl scream again. Now many of the Gryffindors looked at the Slytherin Table to catch Y/n in the act but she was eating her oatmeal while laughing with her friends.

"What did you do?" George looked at Alicia.

"What do you mean, ask Laveau, we all know she did this." Alicia defended herself.

"With good reason, you did something to tick her off, so what was it?" George asked again.

"I may have took her tarot cards and tried to do a reading myself." Alicia looked down.

"Are you daft." Fred exclaimed. "Everyone knows you don't touch her belongings."

"Yeah well, when I asked she said piss off." Alicia grumbled.

"Because she doesn't like you, you've mate her life living hell since 2nd year when she knocked you off your broom." George answered.

"Whatever." Alicia grimaced and stood up and left the Great Hall.

***

"Why hello mon chéri." Y/n grinned when George sat down next to her. "What are you doing?"

"Just coming to visit my girl." George wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Quite the show you put on this morning."

"Whatever do you mean?" She fake gasped and put a hand to her heart. "I just spent my morning eating oatmeal and talking with friends."

"Real friends or spiritual friends?" George raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe both." She winked before going back to her essay. "Now, what is it you need, this essay won't finish itself."

"I'm going to Hogsmeade, and I was wondering if you fancy a butterbeer?" George asked.

"If you wait 15 minutes, I will go." Y/n looked back at him.

"Alright." George smiled and rested his head on her shoulder watching her write.

After a few minutes George let out a dramatic sigh hoping to caught Y/n's attention, but it didn't work, he tried three more times before she looked at him. "Yes?"

"Are you done yet?" He pouted.

"Almost, a couple more lines." Y/n kissed his nose.

"No, you always say that and a couple more lines turn into 6 inches." George complained. "You can finish writing later, butterbeer is waiting."

"Alright." Y/n looked at him. "But if I fail, there is a doll with your name on it."

"You would never hurt your lover." George raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want to take that chance?" Y/n asked as she packed her bag. "I have a doll and some needles in my bag."

"Nope, not necessary." George said quickly.

"That's what I thought." Y/n laughed.

"Whatever, come in little witch." George grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the carriages.

***

"Now boys, this comes with a deal." Y/n said slyly as she sat in the Gryffindor common room across from Fred and George as they got a tarot card reading.

"We'll do whatever." Fred pleaded. Y/n didn't answer and flipped over the card for the future.

"Fortune, happiness, love, mischief." Y/n read the card out loud.

"Wicked." The twins said in unison.

"My deal, when you boys open up your shop, I will let you sell my fake dolls with needles." She answered.

"Love, are you serious!" George exclaimed.

"Deadly." She answered.

"You never let anyone do it." George rambled.

"It's time others learn and practice voodoo magic, my bloodline is dying George, I'm one of the last, but I want other witches to learn and teach their children, so it can live on." Y/n explained.

"Well I think that is wonderful." He kissed the top of her head. "Does that mean you'll teach me?"

"Heavens no." Y/n laughed. "You'll probably poke yourself with a needle too many times, I still need my boyfriend."

"I think that was the first time you called me your boyfriend since we've been together." George looked down at her.

"Well it suits you, but I like mon chéri better." Y/n kissed his cheek.

"Me too." George kissed her temple.

———