7.04

A camera zoomed in on three women, the sounds of a busy ER behind them as they pulled on yellow trauma gowns

A camera zoomed in on three women, the sounds of a busy ER behind them as they pulled on yellow trauma gowns. As it focused more clearly on them, their identities and occupations appeared on the screen.

DR. CRISTINA YANG
Surgical Resident

DR. MEREDITH GREY
Surgical Resident

DR. HELENA CAMPOS
Surgical Resident

Helena helped Cristina tie her gown as Meredith spoke. "We're on trauma rotation so it's our job to take point and assess each medical emergency as it comes in."

"These are the most crucial moments in patient care, the ones that often decide if they live or die." Helena explained, putting on a pair of gloves. "So you have to be on top of your game."

The camera then cuts to the inside of a trauma room, peaking in through the blinds as the doctors worked on a severe head injury inside.

"Talk you me, Campos." Owen asked, the short girl speaking up as she worked.

"His peripheral IV is blown, pressure is plummeting!" She warned, the doctors getting back to work.

The camera then focused in on Cristina, standing to the back of the room, a bit sweaty and pale. The room was chaotic as they worked, Meredith calling out, a moment after.

"Got a rhythm!"

The doctors stepped back as Hunt checked the man's pulse, Helena approaching Cristina and her whispers to her friend being caught by the mic.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, fine." The older woman answered, the Portuguese girl giving her a nod as she looked back to Hunt, who declared.

"He's basically brain dead."

At that, Helena let out a sigh, the camera zooming in on her discouraged face as she took off her gloves.

A few seconds later, Derek walked into the room, to discuss whether the man is an organ donor, the cameras cutting off.

——

Meredith, Cristina and Helena looked at each other a bit awkwardly at the conference room, smiles on their faces as Cristina turned to the camera.

"Huh, we are fourth year surgical residents and, huh, we're friends. You know, good friends..."

Meredith made a noise of agreement, explaining. "It's pretty impossible to work this closely and not become good friends."