Chapter 44

Rus's P.O.V

And here we go again, speculating off of one little insight of one tiny incident.

It was getting very old by this point.

The meeting had pulled focus away from where the corporation could be and placed it on China's received call and the phone number that could solve a bunch of underlying questions.

EU had asked him if he could speak to them and give them some more evidence during lunch, China agreed fairly willingly and the conversation shifted from that point onwards.

It was now about supplies and where they could have acquired them from. Of course, all signs pointed to Mexico, but that didn't stop some others from accusing their rivals of something they didn't do.

It was childish to see us act this way, and yet, we did it anyways.

Pathetic.

The meeting had ended shortly after that and I was getting ready to leave. Though, the others there had different ideas.

And by others, I meant UN and EU specifically.

The room was deserted by now, leaving only a few stragglers behind. I was usually one of the first ones out, since I was near the back, but I just couldn't fathom the motion of getting up and walking.

UN was walking down the isles and made sure that the crowds of countries left the room so that He, China, and EU could have some privacy while talking.

However, when he came across my seat, he did something a bit different. He tapped my shoulder, which made my droopy gaze meet his line of sight and asked, "Do you mind staying a bit afterwards with EU, China, and I? I really have to talk with you."

The way he phrased it didn't make it seem like a question, in fact, it was more like a demand.

I nodded my head and stood up to go to where the podium was, as UN continued his rounds.

EU and China were already there deep in a conversation. I lightly picked up that it was on if China had any evidence of the phone number used to contact him.

It turned out that he saved a few screenshots and was willing to send them to the two ringmasters.

I could tell that EU was very happy to hear this answer, after all, this could be a big lead. He thanked China, who was already busy sending them to the blue nations.

UN returned, as China hit the send button.

"就是这样吗?" (Will that be all?) The red country questioned, as he placed his phone into his back pocket.

"Yes, that is all. Thank you for your cooperation." EU beamed. It was a baffling sight to see him like that, after all, he wasn't someone who I would describe as friendly.

Once China heard their thanks, he waved goodbye and headed out of the room. That left UN, EU, and I.

The tone instantaneously shifted from a delighted one to a serious one.

"So," UN started, as he gave me a glance. "There was a report last night about someone exiting the building without express permission."

I already knew where this was headed.

"Yet, the doors never opened again. I also noticed that America was not here today, do you happen to know where he is heading?"

Wow, he even skipped over the question of if I knew where America was. They must've caught him leaving on camera...well, that or the people recognised him, that wasn't a huge stretch given that he was a very recognizable figure.