Five - Cozy Little Apocalypse

Having a car truly changed their lives for the better, Jungkook decided, when his little companion snuggled up against him on the back seats.

No more sleeping on dirty benches and floors, no more waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night because some bastard prowler thought it was funny to attack them at ungodly hours.

Now they could sleep in a nice, warm car and Y/N had no other choice but to sleep right next to him, where he could look out for her at all times.

Of course, he didn't sleep much more even now, mind constantly focused on his surroundings - but knowing that at least she was getting some actual sleep was making him feel relaxed as well.

At first, she hadn't been that amazed by the idea of sleeping inside the vehicle but this had quickly changed, as soon as she realized that it was the most logical solution (yeah, Jungkook had been logical and smart for once).

He had taken a turn into a wide dead end street and stopped the car with a harsh step on the brakes. The tall buildings gave them a perfect cover and to some degree shielded them from those damn prowlers.

"Jungkook?" She had blinked in surprise and looked at him. "Why are we stopping?"

"You wanna go n' look for a five star hotel in this crappy town?" He swiftly set the backrest of his seat backwards, flinging down onto the back bench and crossing his arms behind his head with closed eyes.

"-No."

He heard her seatbelt click and her seat being adjusted. After that, there was silence between them, only the drumming of hesitant rain audible. It was almost entirely dark in their alley, only the silvery moon peeking past the brittle buildings sparing them some light, darkness paired with the rhythmic sound of falling rain making Jungkook sleepy.

At least until the girl next to him started tossing and turning. Like a fish on dry land. Over and over again. The whole car was moving, and he felt his patience die down.

She sighed miserably, making him shoot up abruptly, "God, kiddo, what is it?"

"It's cold," She mumbled, turning to him.

"Then get the damn blanket from the trunk." He cocked a brow, lips twitching irritated til he fell back down and into the same lying position, ignoring her look he felt on himself. Of course she stayed in the car.

Some minutes of silence passed, him relaxing with exhaling a breath, before she moved once more.

"Chickie, I swear..." He snapped his eyes open as her fingers landed on his chest, not being able to stop himself from grinning amused, "What d'you think you're doing"

She climbed over the center console and half on top of him.

"It's raining." His hands grabbed her shoulders, holding her in the air. Away from him.

"I don't fuckin care! Stay on your..." Her hair smacked into his face and she lost any kind of body tension, his bent arms shaking under her weight. His last remaining energy took a death blow as she pushed herself off with one foot. She landed on him hard, driving his breath out his lungs.

He knew she'd never act that way completely awake, the possibility to finally relax for once probably taking away her usual self-awareness - or whatever it was, not like he really understood girls. She must've been feeling dead exhausted, after not being used to constant physical stress.

Her fingers clawed into his shirt like a damn monkey. He sighed eventually, lifting his arm to readjust her head so that it wouldn't slip off, resting in the crook of his neck.