𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈: Contents Under Pressure

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

          HERE'S THE THING ━━ pressure fucks with you.

     Lyra doesn't know what she expected, when he heard his little inspirational speech and thus became confident enough to walk back into the dropship. Lyra doesn't know what she expected, but it wasn't this. The thing with the dropship right now, as she's learnt in her five minutes of being inside (as you've learned, she's like, super-observant on the, like, vibes of places) is that it fucks with her. Five minutes ago, Lyra looked around at the too-close metal walls and thought shit, and it's only gotten worse as the air starts to get sticky from the amount of people crammed inside. Then of course there's Finn dying, like, right there and things start to get even worse.

     Because sure, it fucks with you when a bunch of lives in space are depending on you. But the thing is, they aren't here. You don't get a constant reminder that they're dying and each little mistake is pushing them closer and closer and closer to the edge.

     So. The pressure is fucking with her and Finn's dying and everyone's panicking.

     Shit. Well. At least Bellamy tried.

     We all have great expectations for you, Miss. Jupiter.

     "I know, I know," she mutters. "I know."

     " - Lyra - Lyra!" Jerking up, Lyra realises Raven's looking down at her and she knows that her eyes must be mirroring her own. Ample and manic with fear. "Raven Reyes to Lyra Jupiter-Angelo - did you hear a word of what I just said?"

     "Um, no," she says, wincing.

     She doesn't know how to explain it. She can't just say ━━ Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my shirt tag being itchy and one of my shoelaces being untied and the sticky air in here and Finn dying and everyone breathing in here ━━ Oh, actually also ━━ And my panicky thoughts about scurvy because when was the last time I ate a fruit?

     "I said do you need help soldering those wires?" Raven asks patiently, though her foot is tapping incessantly against the floor. "You're burning your fingers."