𝐗𝐕: Skeletal

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

SKELETAL

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A FEW SUNNY DAYS PASS and Lyra feels better. Things have been much nicer. Sure, it's gotten colder and the air is crisper than ever, but that only means people huddle around bonfires together when the sun sets. She's starting to see her breath in a little cloud when she exhales and it's intriguing. The first morning it happened, she spent ages just standing there and blowing air from her mouth to see it turn into a little cottony ball before the wisps floated out of reach.

Of course, life is never that simple on the ground. There's still the dilemma of the earthborn man ensnared on the top level of the dropship. Nobody seems to actually know what to do with him now. Clarke ━━ after spending a sleepless night making sure Finn, Octavia, and Lyra didn't, y'know, die ━━ tended his wounds to make sure they didn't get infected. Lyra's been a firm advocate of setting him free, but that idea was quickly shot down. He knows too much and probably has Grounder besties that will kill them all. Probably.

Lyra likes to think maybe the Grounders will be a little nicer, but also they did kidnap and torture one of them. So they could be a bit pissy about that. Who knows?

But, anyways.

Miller's become the Grounder's babysitter, mainly because Bellamy banned Octavia from going to the third level. He'd also forbidden Lyra, but he didn't have to. She doesn't want to go back up there.

She avoids the dropship at all costs, actually. Which isn't particularly hard at first. She and Raven spent an entire day removing the radio from the lower level and rebuilding it in a separate tent, rerouting the wires and reworking the antennae. Jacking a screen out of the pod, they'd managed to connect it to the radio to set up a sort of video chat. The connection is kinda shit, much to Lyra's chagrin because why can't I just do better? But, also, she remembers how good she felt, fixing it back up. She'd walked into a hurricane and fixed the radio and now they have face-to-face contact with the Ark. Which is good. She's done good.

(She just knows she could do better.)

But her avoid the dropship at all costs mantra has one little issue. Octavia refuses to leave until Bellamy lets her up to see the Grounder. Obviously Bellamy is not going to do that, so there's a bit of a stalemate between the two. It's also made things a little uncomfortable for Lyra. She's never met any siblings before (the whole one kid or die thing on the Ark usually put a stop to it), so she isn't quite sure what the dynamic is supposed to look like, but it turns out watching siblings fight is a lot more awkward than she thought.