1│YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ
ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ꒱

❝ HE'S NOT EVEN YOUR
BOYFRIEND, PEACHES ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

It was only with some regret that Juliet packed her bags the night before they were due to leave. While she'd had an amazing vacation (she'd even go so far as to say it was the best one ever) she missed her friends (Shawn especially) and was ready to see them again.

She'd learned a lot about her family over the past few months and Barron had answered any questions she'd had about his past or his past with her mom. She'd even spoken more to her mom this summer than she could ever remember and it was nice that they were starting to feel like a real family again. Of course, she wasn't so naïve to think that her mother would immediately even want to date him again, but at least the second thought wasn't as out-of-the-question as it had been a year ago. 

A knock sounded at her door and drew her from her thoughts. She looked up to see Barron leaning in the doorway, smiling softly at her as she packed. "Almost ready to go?" he asked, noticing the progress she'd made.

"Yeah," the redhead answered as she folded the dress she'd worn to her first dinner with him.

He pushed off the door and gestured to her bed, asking if he could sit. When she nodded, he did so and placed his hands in his lap. It was then that she saw he had a small, neatly-wrapped square object in his hands and she perked up slightly. "Is that a present?"

The dark-haired man chuckled. "Do you think it's for you?"

She gave him a hopeful look and put down a pair of socks she'd been folding to come to his side of the bed. "Maybe?"

"Well, you'd be right," he answered, his tone teasing as he winked at her.

Juliet scoffed jokingly. "I'm always right. Anyway, what is it?" she asked eagerly.

"Remember the week we went to Venice?" he started, "and on the first night I took you to a live performance of a Vivaldi concert?"

The redhead's expression brightened. "Of course I do! It was a surprisingly good concert. I've never heard such beautiful violin music."

Barron cleared his throat slightly, both pleased that she'd enjoyed the night so much and uncertain as to weather she'd actually like the gift. "Well, I thought I'd get you something to commemorate the experience." 

Without further preamble, he handed her the wrapped package. Excitedly, she pulled the paper off the gift to reveal a CD displaying a cover advertising a recording of Vivaldi's Spring. When she didn't respond to the present right away, Barron began to explain it further: "I thought that this was your favorite movement from the performance since I remember you being so enthusiastic about it after and, well, I thought you might like to have your own copy—"

His words stumbled to a halt as the girl threw her arms around him in a tight hug as she whispered, "thank you."

🌎🌎🌎

Late the next day, Daly and Juliet arrived back home. After spending two and a half months in the (mostly) sunny Italian countryside, their apartment seemed even smaller and duller than it ever had before. Still, it was the same place she'd lived in for her entire life and it was important to Juliet that whatever new experiences she had didn't change who she was as a person.