8│DANGEROUS SECRET

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ꒱

❝ FRIENDS FOR LIFE &
ALL THAT JAZZ ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Mrs. Hodges' math test is going to be brutal," Juliet complained to Topanga as they exited the classroom.

"If you study it won't be so bad," the blonde responded expectedly.

The redhead sighed. "I know. It just takes so much effort to get a good grade in this stupid subject." 

Her friend was about to reply when Shawn suddenly appeared before them and Juliet jumped, not having seen how quickly he'd run to catch up. "Stop doing that!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry," he said hastily, "Julie, I need your help."

Immediately, she gave him a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

He was startled by how quickly a worried expression appeared on her face, especially when it was in regards to his wellbeing. He shook his head to focus. "I'm fine but I need you to come with me. Please."

She exchanged a confused look with Topanga at his odd behavior. "Er, okay—"

As soon as she answered, he'd lightly grabbed her wrist and was already nearly jogging back the way he came. Caught by surprise at his fast past, Juliet stumbled to catch up and tried to stop. "Shawn, slow down!"

Thankfully, he did as she requested and shot her an apologetic look. "Sorry. I promised I'd be back soon."

"Promised? Promised who?"

"You'll see," he told her vaguely as they arrived at the girls' bathroom. Juliet opened her mouth to point out the fact but Shawn paid the sign no attention as he opened the door. He pulled her inside, calling: "Claire? It's okay, you can come out."

The bathroom stall opened to reveal a blonde girl that Juliet had seen a few times in the school hallways. Claire had a very timid manner and ashen features that made her blend in easily with the crowd, but she'd never heard anything bad about the girl so she greeted her cordially.

"Hello," she said softly in reply, looking at the redhead with dull, barely curious eyes.

"Julie, this is Claire," Shawn introduced them, "Claire, Juliet. She can help us."

"Help you?" Juliet asked, confused.

"I need you to promise you won't tell anyone," the dark-haired boy said, "it has to be a secret."

She gave him a wary look but at the serious expression on his face, she nodded. "Alright, I won't tell anyone."

Relief instantly washed over his expression. "Good, because I can't do this without you."

Her own face warmed, though she couldn't take much pride in his words due to the heavy atmosphere in the room. "So, what am I not telling anyone?" she asked carefully.

"Claire's dad hits her," Shawn told her quietly, "she needs help hiding from him."

Juliet took another look at the unassuming girl with a new perspective and her expression softened. "I'm so sorry, Claire," she said sincerely, "you don't deserve that."

"No one does," he agreed.

The redhead looked at the boy. "What about the police? They could help."

The other girl shook her head. "I'll just lie. I don't want any trouble."