13│AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀɴ ᴀғғᴀɪʀ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ꒱

❝ I'D WAIT ELEVEN MORE
YEARS JUST TO KISS YOU
LIKE THAT AGAIN ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Why are all those guys talking to Shawn's girlfriend?" Topanga asked as they watched Jennifer across the hallway.

"Well, Shawn and Jennifer broke up this morning," Cory explained, "look at her. She's already on the prowl."

"Well, how's Shawn taking it?" Topanga wanted to know.

"Are you kidding? Shawn is Shawn. You can't keep Shawn down," Cory answered confidently as he glanced down at his two best friends. "Jules, you're not helping."

The redhead, who was sitting on the floor next to the dark-haired boy, looked up at him. "What, and you think you are?"

Shawn was slumped on the ground next to her with his head resting on her shoulder as he stared blankly at nothing. "She dumped me. She dumped me good and I didn't even see it coming."

As much as she hated Jennifer— why Shawn had decided to date her all of a sudden was beyond her understanding— sympathy for her best friend made her reach over and take his hand so she could squeeze his fingers gently. "Poor Shawnie."

"Look what they've done to my boy," Cory added, kneeling next to him and sounding much more supportive. "I haven't seen you this upset since. . ." He trailed off, looking at the redhead. He remembered all too well the angry, hurt tirade Shawn had gone on after seeing Juliet agree to go out with Jack.

"Look, Shawnie," Juliet began, choosing to ignore the other boy, "if it's any consolation, you can do a lot better than Jennifer Bassett."

He lifted his head to look at her hopefully. "Really?"

"Definitely," she answered firmly.

"Yeah, and she's sitting right next to you," the curly-haired boy mumbled to Shawn, aiming to avoid the redhead's wrath for pointing this fact out.

"Okay, so she's pretty," Topanga admitted, "she's tall. She drives a new red convertible. Oh, heck. I'd go out with her."

"Topanga," Juliet warned her, earning an apologetic look from her friend.

"Okay, okay. I didn't want to say this when you were going out with her but if you ask me, Shawn, Jennifer Bassett is one stuck-up conceited girl," Cory told him.

Juliet brightened. "I'm not the only one who saw that?"

"Do you think so?" Shawn questioned them.

"Oh yeah, nose way up in the air and frankly, Shawn, I'm not even sure if it's her real nose."

"You mean. . .?"

"Plastic," the redhead agreed, "just like her personality. I really don't know what you saw in her in the first place."

"So get up and be Shawn," Cory finished.

The boy stood and turned to offer the girl a hand to help her up. Juliet accepted it and joined him as he agreed, "yeah, you're right." He walked over to the blonde and tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to turn. "You know what I think, Jen? I think you're conceited." She gasped as he continued: "yeah, that's right. Conceited and stuck-up and. . . something about your nose."