12│B & B'S B AND B

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙ & ʙ's ʙ ᴀɴᴅ ʙ ꒱

❝ HAVE YOU NEVER
LISTENED TO A SINGLE
WORD I'VE SAID? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet tagged after Shawn as he followed Mr. Feeny around, trying to get out of the business assignment their teacher had set them. She'd tried to convince the boy that it wasn't that hard and if he'd just listen, he'd get it in no time. Unfortunately, her tactics didn't seem to work and now Mr. Feeny was making an obvious effort to get away from Shawn. It was rather amusing to watch if you weren't the one being chased.

Moments later, they burst through the Matthews' door as the dark-haired boy continued: "I tried. I tried. I tried, I tried, I tried. I don't get the assignment and even Julie couldn't explain it to me. I want to drop economics. Business, figures, numbers. . . I just can't keep it in my head. Whoo-hoo," he finished, using the sound effect to gesture the information leaving his head.

"Shawn, it's simple," their teacher said, "come up with a business, pretend your running it and write a report."

"Oh! Now I—" He repeated the motion. "Whoo-hoo. You see? Now come on, let me drop the course. No Hunter has ever made it in business. Why cause me agony? Why?"

"I like it," the older man replied with a smile. He pointed to the table. "Shawn, sit down. It's quiet time."

"Sorry, Mr. Feeny, I tried," Juliet told their teacher as she passed him.

He patted her on the shoulder. "I know, Miss Capelwood, I know." He turned to Cory's mom. "Amy, these are my house keys. I really appreciate you looking after things while I'm away this weekend."

"Oh, sure, George. Now is there a number at the hotel in case we need to reach you?" Amy asked.

"Actually, I'm staying at a lovely bed and breakfast."

"Good for you," Cory said, "living in someone else's home, eating someone else's food." He sent Shawn a pointed look since the boy had started eating a banana and had taken a sip from the bottle of juice that was open on the table. Juliet reached over and finished the juice for him before she gave Cory a sarcastic smile.

"So, what's the rent like? Two bucks?" Shawn questioned the adults.

"Actually, Shawn, a room in a nice bed and breakfast can go for as high as two hundred dollars a night," Amy answered, "right, George?"

"Not this one."

"Two hundred dollars a night? Wow," the dark-haired boy seemed surprised.

"I have made a list of things that need to be done," Mr. Feeny told Amy, "plants to water and uh, plants that will need vitamins and plants that need to be rotated to get the morning sun. Oh, you'll be fine. Thank you!" He kissed her on the cheek before he left through the back door.

Amy looked down at the notes and then glanced at the trio sitting at the table. She tossed the list and keys towards the group. "Just don't kill them."

🌎🌎🌎

As Cory dutifully watered the plants, Shawn explored Mr. Feeny's house while Juliet sat at the piano, lifting the lid to look at the keys curiously. Cory looked over at them. "Shawn, Jules, what're you doing? It's just a house."

"No, no, no, no. This is Feeny's house. There's got to be. . . I don't know, some shrunken heads, some eyeballs in jars, voodoo dolls," Shawn replied.