→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙖𝙩

---------------------------------------------

"WHAT WAS WILL SAYING?" MILE ASKED AS EL LAID BY SEV'S SIDE. The boy was still unconscious due to the fact he practically gave all of his power and energy to El, he was very tired. "Like home...Like home..." Mike continued, Dustin putting the cold toilet paper square on Sev's forehead. "But dark," Mike stood up, Lucas sat around the small table. "And empty." He added on, Mike sighing. "Empty and cold. Wait, did he say cold?" Dustin asked, Lucas looking to him as El observed Sev's frozen features. "I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out." Lucas spoke, Dustin staring up at the ceiling. "It's like riddles in the dark." He commented, El feeling Sev's hand moving under her back. She sat up quickly, the boys looking to her as she kept her eyes on Sev's.

"Hm." The boy let out, Dustin smiling widely. "Seven." El spoke, Sev's looking at her as she gave him a small smile. Lucas just watched awkwardly as El smiled at her brother, him sitting up slowly. "Are you okay?" Mike asked quickly, Sev nodding lightly as Mike smiled at him, nodding. "Anyway, Will said it was like home. Like his house?" Mike asked, Lucas linking his hands together. "Or maybe like Hawkins." He added on, El readjusting the toilet paper square. "Upside down." She spoke simply, Sev looking up at his sister. "What'd she say?" Lucas asked, Mike seeming to realise something. "Upside down." Mike walked to the upside down board. "When El and Sev showed us where Will was, El flipped the board over, remember?" Mike asked, his friends gathering around. "Upside down." Mike spoke, Lucas still confused.

"Dark. Empty."

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asked Dustin. "No." He answered blankly, Mike sighing. "Guys, come on, think about it. When they took us to find Will, they took us to his house, right?" Mike asked, Lucas nodding. "Yeah. And he wasn't there." The boy spoke, Mike shaking his head. "But what if he was there?" Mike asked, Sev slowly getting better as he felt more energy. "What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side?" Mike asked, his friends still confused. "What if this is Hawkins," Mike flipped the board upside down. "and this is where Will is?" Mike asked, looking to his friends. "The Upside down." Mike added, Sev shuffling in his seat as El gave him space.

"Like the Vale of Shadows."

––––––☆––––––

BOTH EL AND SEV FLINCHED ONCE MIKE STABBED THE PENCIL THROUGH THE PAPER. He, with Dustin and Lucas, had gotten back from Will's 'funeral', Mike then explaining to Sev and El what Mr. Clarke, their science teacher, had told them. "It would take a lot of energy to build a gate like this. But that's got to be what happened. Otherwise, how'd Will get there, right?" Mike spoke, the twins looking to each other before looking back to Mike. "Right." They chorused, Lucas flinching a bit on how they did that. "What we want to know is, do either of you know where the gate is?" Lucas asked, Sev looking to El as she shook her head. Lucas then looked to Sev, the boy shaking his head too. "Then how do you know about the Upside Down?" Lucas asked El, the girl not answering before looking to Dustin, Sev doing the same.