S I X T Y E I G H T

joshuayates

joshuayates

welcome to new york

liked by lilahfinnegan, declanrice and 40,335 others

comments;

username1 new york xx

username2 why are you in new york?

username3 I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GINGER

username4 I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING A GINGER-

lilahfinnegan pls the first thing you post and everyone slandering the ginger hair 😂
joshuayates i blame you

declanrice this was about 2 years ago when you could afford to travel
joshuayates exposed

kieranyates cringe 🤮🤮🤮
lilahfinnegan liked this comment!!
joshuayates the SLANDER i receive from you guys 🤚🏼🤚🏼🤚🏼

♡♡♡

March 14th, 2019

"Come on, come on." Lilah mutters to herself as her team walk out of the tunnel behind Kepa into the Kiev Olympic stadium grounds. Chelsea were up against Dynamo Kyiv for the second time after beating them 2-0 last game at Stamford Bridge, they'd travelled all the way to Ukraine for the match. 

Lilah had been given the privilege to captain the team today after Cahil got injured last game, and as she was given the captain's armband she genuinely felt all of her dreams come true. Now it was onto scoring, and Lilah wanted nothing more than to score not only for her team but for the first time captaining the team ever in her 7 months being there.

"I believe in you, Finnegan." Kepa reassures her with a soft smile before they stood in their fixtures. 

Mason was watching from home with the widest smile on his face, the boy recording the close-up the cameras got of her for his Instagram Story to show off just how proud of her he was.

Lilah's heart raced a little as the whistle surrounded the arena, the girl immediately getting the ball from the middle and kicking it across to one of her teammates, her mind completely and utterly stuck into the game and not on any of the other problems she had going on.

By the 3rd minute, Chelsea had received a corner so the team got ready to take it. Ruben jumped up and headbutted the ball before it landed before Lilah, the girl kicking it into the back of the net before she, Olivier Giroud and Ruben all run off cheering across the pitch.

Declan, August and Aila had all joined to Mason to watch Lilah play on the TV, Mason informing them that she'd scored the first goal of the match and also informing them that she was Captaining for the first time ever tonight too.

As time raced on, Dynamo managed to score a goal but it was flagged so it didn't count and it was starting to get a little tight for the team to score any goals. Lilah watched as Alonso sprinted down the left side of the pitch, the girl only a few seconds in front of him so he passed to her and she kicked it into the back of the net, scoring her second goal of the evening. 

"She's on fucking fire tonight." Aila comments.

"She rang me before whilst she was in the changing rooms telling me she felt sick because of how nervous she was, now look at her." Mason chimes in, the group of them watching her celebrate her second goal with Aila's boyfriend.

"Come on, come on, Yes Marcos!" Aila shouts the minute he scored the third goal. They all cheer when they see Lilah celebrate the goal with him, the two of them doing her usual celebration for jokes before they were called for halftime.

"You reckon she'll still be on after this?" August questions.

"I don't see why she wouldn't be." Declan shrugs.

They all have a little chat whilst Lilah was in half-time, the girl having a conversation with Kepa who was insanely proud of her performance this season and how happy she'd been to even be with Chelsea. He knew she deserved that spot on the team before she proved it to anyone else, and now the rest of the team saw her as a blessing in disguise for being there.

"You ready?" Kante asks her as she nods.

"More than." Lilah grins as they get back out onto the pitch.

They played another 10 minutes before the team were given another free-kick after one of their players had been knocked down. Willian walked over to the corner with the ball and sighed, knowing that the team were currently doing so well with scoring that if someone missed this it would put their spirits down a little. He boots it from the corner and watches it fly across the pitch, Lilah doing a header and hitting it straight into the net.

"That was a great header and a hat-trick from Finnegan, her 3rd goal of the night and her 9th goal for the Europa League so far. What an absolute star, she's Chelsea's own product and she's proving that the academy is worth having players from. An incredible night for her, her first time Captaining for the team she'd been with since she was 6 years old, absolutely insane." The commentator speaks with such positivity for her, making her friends smile as they watched the screen and watched her be engulfed in a group hug by her team.

Lilah sighed in relief the second the whistle blew for the end of the game, the girl lying down on the pitch for a second before her team race over and she's pulled up into a large group embrace. Once the team had dispersed, Giroud runs over to the ball to get it for her whilst she walks over to Sarri, the girl being given a tight squeeze from her manager whilst he tells her how much of a good job she'd done.

"Here you go, don't lose it." Giroud hands her the ball as they walk down the tunnel.

"I'm knackered." Lilah huffs as she sits down on the bench in the changing rooms.

"You did good." Kepa smiles at her.

"Thank you Kepa." She smiles back at him before she gets her phone out, the girl responding to the groupchat before she gets up and gets changed.

♡♡♡

author's note - olivier giroud looks like my old physics teacher at secondary school, i made that discovery the other day and I'm actually baffled. oh and she's stolen all of giroud's goals for the europa league season because i felt like making her a star 😙