𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

^he is so fine u guys i cant

Even under the curse, Hollis was still finding ways to fall asleep in the library instead of returning to the Slytherin dormitories every night. The Imperius Curse didn't rid one of all emotions, it simply blurred the mild ones and did its best to push down the powerful ones, such as grief and anger. The more powerful the witch or wizard casting the curse, the more emotions were suppressed.

Or if the victim had an incredibly strong will, then emotions could push through the surface even while remaining under the curse.

Another factor of the Imperius Curse was that while it suppressed individual thoughts, it did not push away basic human instincts that even the caster possessed. One of these instincts being fight or flight.

Usually, Hollis Rosier was a fighter. She would battle her way through every challenge that came her way, only even fleeing when the safety of others besides herself was at stake.

However, under the Imperius Curse, Hollis was being forced into a much more timid mindset when it came to anything besides raising hell on anyone besides her fellow pureblood Slytherins, who she could even then make biting comments at. 

So, for that reason, March the twenty-third was the fourth night in a row Hollis had 'accidently' fallen asleep over her books in the northernmost part of the library, opposite to the Marauder's Corner.

One of the downsides of this, however, was that Hollis often barely had time to make it to breakfast if she slept too late. Falling asleep late in an uncomfortable position was a part of it, and another was that usually, she would be awoken by Narcissa or Kat. 

So it didn't go unnoticed to any of the six Gryffindors that Hollis now had dark bags consistently painted with a heavy hand underneath her dully cold brown eyes. For some reason, Remus kept thinking of the words that McGonagall had told him after the match when the bludger had hit Hollis in the stomach and exposed one of her many secrets.

I think that even the most selfless of people will eventually let those they really care about see their pain, Mr. Lupin.

Remus would never fully get used to not knowing the roots of Hollis's pain and only that it was happening, but he had learned how to help her in other ways besides a long talk. From simply holding her as they looked up at the stars to reminding Hollis that he was there for her with a single short string of words, Remus had taught himself that there were other methods of reminding Hollis how much he cared about her. 

But he couldn't do any of that now.

Except for one thing, that is.

"I promise you, no matter how many times you check, the full moon is still going to be in three days," Remus told Sirius as the dark haired boy unrolled a scroll with an astrology chart illustrated in dark blue ink tracking the moon cycle of 1977.

"Those three more days of not knowing if we're right are going to bloody kill me," Sirius said with a frown. "And I almost hope we aren't right."

Although Remus would never admit it, he partly agreed with Sirius. It was just such a horrible concept that one person would actively do something like placing a new, cruel mindset on someone so kind and previously happy with their life at Hogwarts.

"C'mon, we have to go to breakfast," Remus said as James started to look at the moon chart as well. "And we all have to eat before our double potions block."

The two boys reluctantly put the scroll back, and they took the route that would get them to the Great Hall the quickest, in the opposite direction as their corner James and Remus especially had taken to sitting in.