Chapter 19: The Truth About An Angel

Chapter 19:

The Truth About an Angel

As we blurred into the very last destination where I was supposed to help Shiki through his tough times in life, I collapsed, much sicker than earlier. Since I offered my blood to him I’ve been very lightheaded for a while. My neck was still bleeding and Terra handed me a bandage. I carefully placed it on over the bite marks and stared at Terra.

   “Thanks.” I said nodding,

   She frowned, “I was ashamed you let him drink your blood, Yuna. That was disgraceful.” She snapped.

   I was shocked of her sudden reaction, “Sorry… I thought he needed it.”

   “And what if he gets addicted to it now because of you?” She asked. I tilted my head to one side in confusion.

   “Wait, you’re a Vampire, how do you handle your thirst?” I asked her curiously.

   She sighed, “The Senate sends me animal blood as they know I don’t drink human blood, now you might think that gives me my freedom and that I’m innocent of those Level E Vampires but I’ve recently cut down my dose of blood as I think I’m drinking too much… so the council now suspect that the reason why I’ve been getting less is because I’m snacking on humans… I am really annoyed at those foolish people.” She explained. I sighed and stared at her. I was sorry I offered my blood and I know that’s like disobeying everything Cross Academy stands for but that was like 3 years ago now; like it matters at all.

   “Yeah, I am very sorry.” I said as I looked up, once again we were hiding behind a bush but it looked somewhat familiar. Glancing around everywhere showed me we were at the front entrance to Cross Academy and I could see Shiki standing at the gates. I was confused… why does he need me now?

   “He needs a little talking to, he’s somewhat nervous.” Terra said as she sat down and gazed upon him. I sighed and looked at him. Shiki nervous? I’ve never heard that before.

   “OK, so should I go now?” I asked her. She nodded.

   “When you’re ready.”

   I took another deep breath and walked over the bush and onto the path trying not to stir a sound so he wouldn’t notice… unfortunately, he could feel my presence and he turned around in surprise. I smiled at him and I was a little shy and flushed in the face. He was around 15 or 16 here…  I was so happy to see him almost at the age I know him from.

   “Hello,” I mumbled softly as we stood metres away from each other. He was tall and wearing the school uniform. He looked me up and down.

   “You’re from this Academy too; I’ve finally learnt that looking at your uniform.” He said in shock. He must’ve never known.

   “Yeah, I do but later on.” I seriously couldn’t lie to him. “Shiki… being your Guardian Angel and all—well I haven’t exactly met you yet in my own time and when you do see me again I’ll have no idea who you are. We’re from different times at the moment and I’m here to lend you a helpful hand when you need it most so—this is the last time I’ll be helping you.” I exclaimed. He just stared at me blankly though, wondering what he could reply to that.

   “So you travelled back in time to help me out in life… 4 times when I needed you most?” He asked. I nodded hoping he wouldn’t be upset with anything. I was wondering if this was a wrong decision… but I seriously couldn’t understand why he’d be upset.

   “Yes but only for you, I like you a lot and I made a pact with you a few years ago,” I shined the bandage to him off my neck, “That was actually a few moments ago for me really but I’m really happy I did it. It sort of made me feel closer toward you if you know what I mean…” I said but then stopped thinking about what I just said. Great, I sound like a complete idiot! I have no idea what to say to him.