Chapter 17

Chiyo Pov

I stare up at Sasuke with narrow eyes as he stares at me blankly, "Having to many ties in this world weakens a person ambition, distracts you from what truly matters." I place my hand on my stomach thinking back when I was escaping from Orochimaru's hideout. "If that's how you felt Sasuke then why didn't you kill me when I was weaken in that cell. I had no way of fighting back if you wanted to cut our bond you could have done it then."

"Chiyo..." Sasuke closes his eyes, "The reason is simple it's not that I couldn't break our bond Chiyo I was simple doing as my Oniisan had done before me. And you are one of the few people who can challenge me in power." Naruto looks between me and Sasuke, "Damn it Sasuke what are you talking about." Sasuke looks over at him, "I don't have to explain anything to you all I can tell you is that if you keep coming after me I will kill you." I stay still as Sasuke appears right next to Naruto with his arm over his shoulder.

"You know come to think about it wasn't always your dream to become Hokage, all of the time you spent chasing after me. You could have been training instead Naruto and this time I don't think I'm feeling very generous." I clench my fist, "How could I ever be Hokage if I couldn't even save a friend, isn't that right Sasuke."

I block Sasuke's katana with my own and I glare at him, "Did you really think I would allow you to do that Sasuke. You said it yourself I'm always protecting the team and I will protect them from your attacks." Just as I say that wood burst threw the ground, "Chidori stream!" I wince a little and jump back as the lighting courses threw my body, "Oh so you have gotten stronger duckbutt."

I grin at him, "Maybe you'll be a challenge for me this time." He doesn't say anything as lighting still crackles around him, white flames surrounds me. He hides his shock well but I could tell how his body tenses a little more than normal.

I look over at Sakura, "Check on Naruto and let me handle this." She hesitates for a moment and much to my surprise she charges right at Sasuke. Shit with his sharingan he can see all that chakra coming from her fist! I get in front of Sakura and block Sasuke's katana that was covered in lighting with my katana that was covered in fire. We both push against each other not giving up an inch, "You've been training hard haven't you Chiyo."

The flames around my body die down, "You shouldn't be surprised baka Uchiha." Sasuke jumps back putting little distance between the two of us, "Naruto are you alright?" My eyes widen and I make my way back over to Naruto, damn it Kurama now's not the time!

I appear in Naruto's mindscape and much to my surprise Sasuke was there too, I stay silent for a moment watching Sasuke. "So this is the source of your power I never knew you had this inside of you."

I walk closer Touma's chakra begins to flare widely and Kurama looks up, "It's you..." Both Sasuke and Naruto look back at me, "You will back down now, this is no time for you petty games....." Naruto takes a step back, "Touma h-how are you here?" Touma chuckles lowly, "That doesn't matter now...lets take this outside away from this baka fox."

I glance at Sasuke finding him already staring at me, "So your holding something in yourself as well then Senju." I chuckle, "You have no idea and let me tell you that you pissed him off. Wood style: Unbreakable dome!"

The wood closes fast around Sasuke and just as expected he breaks out of it in no time, jumping back to the ridge he was on. "Sasuke why can't you understand." I glance at Naruto and my eyes soften, "He'll take your body Sasuke Orochimaru, he's just using you!!" Sasuke looks at him, "If it happens then it happens, your still such a child Naruto. I don't care what happens to me or anyone else in this world so long as I can get my revenge nothing else matter to me. Honestly right now neither Orochimaru or I are strong enough to defeat Itachi on our own. But if I can get the power to defeat Itachi by giving myself to Orochimaru then so be it." I clench my jaw tight, "Then you really are a fool Uchiha, if you want to try and give your body to Orochimaru then I will drag you back even if I have to put you by deaths door!!!"

My killing intent leaks out of my body and I see the three around me collapse on there knee's, "I'm done with you lot!!" He digs his katana in the ground and begins weaving signs, "It's over." He raises his hand towards the sky but before anything can be done Orochimaru appears next to him grabbing Sasuke by the wrist.

"I wouldn't use that jutsu if I where you, be smart now." Sasuke looks at him, "Let go." Kabuto then appears as well, "Now now I'm not going to tell you again watch your tone with Orochimaru." I glare at the three of them barely controlling myself, "Give me a reason to stop." Kabuto looks down at me, "The Akatsuki are still on the move, we want the good people of the Leaf village to get rid of them for us as possible. If the other Akatsuki interfere you might not get you revenge ."

"That's a sad excuse." Kabuto doesn't take his eyes off of me, "It helps your chances even if it's by one percent agreed." Sasuke follows Kabuto's eyes and looks down at me as well, he slowly lowers his hand. "And adding to that it seems you have poked the Dragon a little to hard this time, poor little Chiyo is the only thing keeping him from killing you. Now we're leaving."

Sasuke takes the katana out of the ground, and I seal mine in my wrist again. Then the three disappear in a burst flames, I clench my fist hard feeling my nails break the skin drawing blood. I take slow breaths tilting my head to the sky, damn it I was too careless. I walk passed Sakura, Yamato and Sai towards Naruto.

I stop in front of him watching his body shake, "Naruto get up crying won't change a thing that has happened. So left your head up now you can't let this one time crush you, the same thing goes for you Sakura. We have time to knock some sense into his thick skull, and if I need to I can hit him pretty hard."

I smile widely as Naruto wipes his face and looks up at me, "Thanks Chiyo." I help him stand and pick up my great grandfathers necklace handing it back to him. We get back to the village and report to Kaachan on what had happened.

She sighs, "Very well and?" I smirk a little, "No way in hell we're giving up." Kaachan smiles at me, "Then let's go ahead and roll you into your next mission standby at your homes I'll be calling you soon."

"Yes ma'am!"

I linger behind with Yamato, "What did you to find put about Sai?" Yamato sighs, "Right well it was exactly as you had thought Lady Tsunade. He was on a secret mission that Danzo had given him, Danzo wanted him to uncover and deal with threats to the Leaf. All while carrying out his duty as a member of the anbu the whole reason he join Team Kakashi was to kill Sasuke."

I grumble under my breath, "Leave it to the old bastard just the kind of thing I would expect from him." I take the envelope out of my pouch, "Well this may change your mind on that bastard even more Kaachan." She takes it from me and opens it, "A list of Anbu members." Kaachan's slams them back onto her desk, "Shizune tighten security around the secret archives building make sure all the accuses codes are switched out!"

Shizune runs out of the office like her life depended on it, I barely stiffen a laugh. "He's gone to far this time with Orochimaru and the Akatsuki coming at us at every side the last thing I need is a threat from within. I'll have to put some serious thought into Sai's earlier request." I tilt my head with a smile, "Well in that case Kaachan."

She looks at me curious, "Hmmm?

I walk around the village with my hands behind my head no real destination in mind, "Hey Chiyo!!!" I look up and find Yamato, Sakura, Sai and Naruto standing on the path in front of me, "Come on we're meeting to talk about our next mission!" I chuckle and jog over towards them this team is my family.