Chapter 15- The call

C H A P T E R  1 5
T H E  C A L L

"She is a dreamer and he is her dream"

Song- I'll be good; Jaymes young

Marlee

"well if it isn't my lovely daughter"

My heart sinks, no not sinks. Evaporates.

My breathing shallows and I don't speak.

My father has never physically harmed me however he's a severe alcoholic. He verbally abused my brothers and I for years and physically abused mom.

When she kicked him out it was because he almost laid a hand on Grayson when he accidentally spilt some water. Dad blew up at him and was so close to hitting him before I stepped in and Theo shoved him off.

Mom found out and immediately kicked him out. After that he showed up drunk in the middle of the night for weeks on end. He would threaten us with a gun and even break in when we weren't home.

We basically lived at the Taylor's then. When the court granted us a restraining order against him the calls, text and random visits slowed and eventually stopped.

I haven't heard from him in years, until now.

"Where your mom at?" He asks interrupting my thoughts. "Is she at that little restaurant she works at?" I hear the taunting in his voice.

"What do you want?"

He completely ignores my question and instead says "you should really tell Grayson to start going to bed earlier. I mean it's 3 am and he's still awake"

I freeze slowly standing up and walking to my window. It's too dark to see much but I see a familiar car across the street. I make sure my windows are locked before rushing down the hall to the front and back door.

"What do you want?!" I ask harsher this time shutting all the curtains and locking the doors. Once there's no way to see inside I breath again.

"That's no way to talk to your dad" he tsk in the manipulative manor he always has.

"Good thing I don't have a dad" I spit pacing back and forth in the living room.

"Now that's not very nice is it?" He cackles softly before silencing.

"Good" I say plainly "now I'll ask you one more time, what the hell do you want"