chapter 17

❝she's a good friend and pet owner❞

"marri, what are you doing?", satoru asked, about to go upstairs to his room until he saw the little girl sitting with the curse in the middle of the living room with a whole bunch of blankets and pillows.

"well...you said that inu's not allowed to sleep in my room, not even on the floor, so I thought that I'd just camp out here with him...and BUILD A FORT!", the little girl smiled.

"by the way, can you help me papa? it's a little hard getting all the sheets and stuff to stay", marri asked.

satoru grinned as he nodded, feeling his inner child spill out.

"say no more!!", the white-haired male replied as he hopped over the couch and landed in the middle of the living room, to which he had pushed the coffee table out front, so that it was right under the t.v. that was mounted onto the wall.

"okay, so first we lay out the blankets so that the ground isn't too hard to sleep on", satoru instructed, to which marri had nodded meanwhile the curse stood there — in some old clothes of satoru's because marri claimed that he didn't cover up enough — as he wondered if this was really the strongest sorcerer as of currently.

"inu!! come here and help", marri waved, to which the curse had awkwardly laid out a blanket as he watched the two gojōs set up the fort, placing many pillows here and there.

"thank you papa!"

"anytime my little hime!", satoru smiled as he kissed the top of marri's forehead.

"oh and before you go shower, can I borrow your phone please? I'll give it back once you're done", marri asked.

satoru wasn't sure what marri wanted to do with his phone, but he nodded as he gave his daughter the device, leaving as he was going to be back soon anyways.

marri patted the space beside her as the curse sat beside the girl, wondering whether he'd be able to escape once she fell asleep.

"so you'll be sleeping here from now. if you ever feel lonely, you can always come find me at night and I'll camp out with you in the living room", marri instructed.

"and to be honest, you're my first curse friend that's not stuck in someone else's body, that's still alive, that's living here with me...and yeah!! I'm very excited", marri smiled as she propped the phone up against a nearby pillow.

"so I want to take a picture to remember this. I usually say cheese and make a peace sign like this", marri said, showing the curse as he hesitantly did the same.