ch.26

30 days without an accident

   "morning." carol mumbled, greeting me as she handed me a plate full of breakfast foods.

    "good morning" i smiled, taking the food from her hand, placing it down on a near by table while my eyes scanned over to the people looking for glenn.

    "hey daryl." everyone greeted, smiles spread across all of their faces as he walked in, coming over to where me and carol were.

   i scoffed at their reactions, carol booty bumping my side, as she cut veggies, "smells good" he complimented, glancing between us.

   "just so you know, we both had you first." she joked, grinning up at him. he shook his head at both of us, "stop."

   i grinned to myself, popping a cherry tomato in my mouth, "hey, have you seen glenn?" i asked, looking between the two.

   "not since i woke up" daryl replied, carol nodded in agreement. i groaned, turning my head so i could look across the yard.

   "rick did a good job" i stated, talking about the garden which had vegetables that just started to show. "we all did" carol corrected, putting the knife down.

   "mr and mrs dixon..." a voice came up behind us, causing me and daryl to turn and look, "i just wanted to thank you guys for bringing that deer back yesterday, it was a real treat."

i laughed as the words came out of the teens mouth, unsure if he had really just said mr and mrs dixon.

   "we appreciate it, but i'm not mrs dixon." i informed, trying not to be rude, daryl continued to laugh beside me.

   "oh, my apology." he muttered, his cheeks flushing a bright red. i felt a hand wrap around my waist, causing me to smile already knowing it was glenn.

   he planted a kiss on my temple, before looking between daryl and the kid. "oh um, i- i would be honored to shake your guys hand" the kid stammered, stumbling over his words at the sight of glenn.

   "sure" i smiled, chuckling at his reaction as i reached my hand out for him to shake, he shot me back a smile, shaking it.

   "hey, can we talk?" glenn asked, pulling me to the side, away from the others. i gave him a questioning look but agreed, "okay?"

   he slipped his hand into mine, pulling me with him as we walked to the fence. i looked out, watching seeing the walkers piled up against the fence.

"i don't think you should go today."

   "really?" i questioned, kind of sarcastically, earning a glance from him, "yeah."

   he looked down at the ground obviously concerned about something, "we got the suits" i reminded, referring to the armor and riot gear  from the prison.

   he shook his head, "yeah but you don't have to go. you shouldn't."

his words causing me to turn towards him, running my fingers through his soft hair, "you know everything will work out, right?"

   he paused for a minute, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him. he caught on, finally nodding, "right....right."

   he gave me a reassuring look before leaning in to kiss my lip, my stomach erupting from his touch.