I.V

Quick notes: not dead! Also, super long chapter

Quick notes: not dead! Also, super long chapter. This chapter is brought to you by "Tear You Apart" by She Wants Revenge. Also, I should've explained earlier, but for the timeline that I have planned to make sense this first part of the fic takes place during the early 2000s. Like 2003-2005 ish. Very much Y2K, no iPhones, fun flip phones, absolutely tragic fashion. With that. Enjoy.

"You almost ready, Einstein?" Katie calls from the other side of the door. You hurriedly slather on another layer of concealer on the fading bruise on your neck. It's still pretty god awful after your meeting with Hotch yesterday. The deep purple splotch is the only one visible because it's right smack under your jawline. It's been hell trying to hide it from Katie. If she saw it, she would inevitably get curious and since you spend almost every moment together, you couldn't simply lie and tell her that you had hooked up with someone randomly yesterday.

"We're going to be late! You're just asking for the sexy professor to yell at you!" She teases and knocks again on your door. You roll your eyes at the nickname for Hotch and scramble to pick out some clothes.

"I'm coming, just one more minute!" You glance over yourself in the mirror. You smooth out your skirt. It's the only other skirt you own and it's definitely not daytime appropriate. It's a matte black fake leather skirt. Turns out, you did indeed rip the seams in your skirt the other day when you were busy on your knees. You hurriedly pull on some sheer black tights, tuck your shirt into the skirt and slip on your boots.

"Y/n, I swear to god-" Just as Katie is about to yell at you again you swing the door open, slinging your bag over your shoulder.

"No more yelling. I'm ready," You shake your head at her and move around her in the door frame.

"You look... nicer than usual," Katie teases and hands you a to-go cup of coffee. "Dressing up for someone special?

Your heart picks up in pace, thinking about how Hotch will react to your attempt to dress up for him. It worries you, how desperate you are to impress him. It's not out of character for you to seek validation from respected figures, but you've never been one to seek validation through looks or appearance. That's not to say you're not good-looking, because you know you are. But you don't pride yourself on being the hottest, most attention-grabbing woman in a room.

Just over two weeks ago, you were hoping for attention from Professor Hotchner, but not this kind of attention. You want him to shower you with compliments in relation to your hard work, your intellect, your drive. You want to know you're the star student. It's obvious, you're the smartest student in the class. He's made that clear to you. But he holds you to such a high standard. It's as if your work will never be good enough for him. That would normally anger you, but this new, more personal kind of attention has distracted you from the intense standards he has for you. You love that he can't get enough of you. He can't keep his hands off of you.

Sleeping with your professor was never something you necessarily dreamed about or fantasized. You had exes try and role play with you but it never really turned you on. This new fling with Hotch has made you truly understand the appeal.