56.

Song of the Chapter: Feel so Close by Calvin Harris

Aary's POV

        "Aaryana Black, you can't be late to your own birthday party!" Malory whines.

           I swing the bathroom door open dramatically after hearing my full name.

                 "I did not like how that sounded." I mumble.

       Mal giggles to herself. "I can't believe you're 17. Only one more year until you can buy us all booze legally."

              "Well until then..." I say while pulling a small bag from my pocket.

        Her eyes light up excitedly. "Did you go to the Weasley shop without me?!"

           "Of course not," I reassure her. "Early birthday present from the twins."

       Even though Fred and I ended on bad terms, we still get along for the most part. He's never once made me pay full price for the treats from his store, I think that's his way of trying to gain forgiveness. I forgave him a long time ago but I enjoy the discounts.

         After I do a line myself, Mal takes the bag from me and sniffs. I wait until we both feel something, which doesn't take long, then grab her hand and head up the stairs. The two of us hurry into the common room and instantly are surrounded by Slytherin students.

              "Do you feel that?" She says into my ear.

         I tilt my head, confused.

           "The beat, can you feel it in your body?"

      Mal closes her eyes and lifts her head up slightly and I do the same. The sound of the drums and bass in the song play in sync with my heartbeat. For a second I forget that we're still at school because it feels like a personal music video.

                 "Ah, birthday girl!"

        I open my eyes suddenly when I hear Draco approaching us. He has more energy in his tone than usual so I can assume he's wasted. Of course I'm not going to say anything but if I remember correctly, him and Mal got in a fight about something pretty similar.

             "There's my girl!" Blaise shouts while rushing over to us.

      Before I can prepare myself his hands wrap around my waist and pull me into his arms.

          "Look at you!" He gasps dramatically. "I think this is my favorite outfit so far."

             (Aary, (left) and Mal's, (right) outfits for party)   

       He sets me back down beside Mal, who is mixing drinks. At first Draco watches how much she pours but when her clothes distract him, he gives up.