chapter seventy-one

CHAPTER ONEUNPREPARED

CHAPTER ONE
UNPREPARED

I THINK THEY'RE OVER HERE.

LOCATION: ABANDONED BUILDINGS

"I hate rainy days, it always messes with my hair."

"We're walking in the rain during a thunderstorm with a cougar Hyeji after escaping a prison and you're worried about your hair right now?"

Jaemin glared at Donghyuck, "I'm not worried about it, I'm just saying that I don't like how frizzy it makes my hair and everything."

"Alright that's enough," Jeno sighed. "Where are we even going at this point?"

Eunha glanced in different directions, scanning their surroundings while Renjun made sure they weren't being followed from behind.

"Um, guys I think we have a small problem..." Eunha trialed off, grabbing onto Renjun and Jeno's wrists to stop them from walking.

The two boys stopped, Jeno grabbing a hold of Jaemin's wrists to stop him from walking any further. Hyeji stopped as well, her eyes focused on something in the distance.

"They're coming."

Eunha nearly yelled at the sound of Minsoo's voice, having forgotten about her powers momentarily.  "What the hell, where did you come from?"

The boys all stared at Eunha for a second with confusion until Jaemin finally spoke. "Necromancy. She's talking to someone... I don't know who though,"

"There's no time to explain," Minsoo rushed. "They contacted agents and they're already on the road. I scanned ahead for you guys but those agents are just around the corner. Now hide!"

Eunha nearly gasped when Minsoo got closer to her. She had never been able to feel a ghost with her own hands but somehow Minsoo had managed to shove her, surprising both of them.

"What the hell is happening?" Renjun asked, just barely catching her fast enough to keep her from falling.

"Minsoo said there are agents coming. She said we need to hide and then pushed me," Eunha said quickly, pushing the guys farther into the shadows.

"Pushed?" Jeno asked.

"Yes, pushed. Neither of us know how but we can't worry about that right now. Come on Hyeji, we have to hide."

Renjun glanced at the car driving past them, it was black with tinted windows, an SUV possibly. "You're powers are growing stronger. That's probably why Minsoo was able to push you."

"Hold on. Are we not taking in what she's saying? Is Minsoo really... dead?" Jaemin asked, already knowing the answer.

The others stared at him but no one could say anything before they saw bright flashlights slowly coming towards them.

"I think they're over here."

→ ♕

it's currently february 25th and i'm trying to think of what to write for this chapter instead of doing my school work. i'm assuming by the time i post this that i've figured it out.

anyways, hope y'all are excited abt chenji coming soon. i promise the other girl and mark will also be presented soon! :D

update: it's now march 17th and i'm finally beginning to continue writing :)

i'm going to be replacing the "focus: -" piece with "LOCATION" since most of this segment will mostly just be them as a group