Chapter 12

Hey people! The video above is a cover song, a rap song to be exact of my cousin and his friend. Hope you can watch it and leave some comments and like! Thank you!

Hotpot

I was awoken by my mother and dressed in a simple pink faded shirt and short jeans, still a bit sleepy after being woken up. Mind you, I always wake up on my own and never was urged to wake up by anyone.

Soon, I saw Juan locking the doors and taking me on a walk, it was just a five-minute walk for her, something as easy as breathing for her. But not for me.

I was huffing in breath by the time we've arrived, Juan looked worried and I soon felt regret for not accepting her help a few minutes ago.

"Come on JuJu" she carried me, don't look at her thin and fragile-looking self, she truly is filled with strength.

I look around me, everywhere I look I see the festive color red, and the smell of spices and sourness filled my nose. The place was big enough to fit fifteen customers along with the kitchen area itself.

It looks decent though the place looks a bit worn down and the chairs and tables are made in plastics, the diner was surprisingly filled with customers actively chatting while the rest of the workers were busy doing their work.

"Juan! Just in time!" A woman clothed in an apron with the diner's name printed on it shouted.

"Mei Lin, sorry, I was walking with JuJu" Juan said as she quickly took the apron in her bag and put it in herself before taking the hairnet and gloves on the kitchen area.

"Oh, is this JuJu? Hello, JuJu, this is your Mei Lin jiejie!" Her eyes sparkled in delight as she pinched my cheeks making me frown. "Aww, jiejie is sorry, she won't do it again okay?" She walks back and Juan came in.

"Don't worry, JuJu doesn't like someone touching her face and kissing her" she explained making me nod furiously, I don't want to be pinched and kissed by adults, it's unnerving.

Juan take my hand and made me sit down on the corner of the diner, she then spread a variety of toys and even gave her phone to me.

"JuJu, listen to mommy carefully okay?"

"Um!" I answered positively, my eyes already stuck to the phone in her hands.

"Don't run around, behave, and don't make trouble okay? Mommy will finish in seven and if JuJu is still bored, you can go out and play okay? But remember, you can't leave my sight, just stay outside the diner you hear me?" I nodded at her, she doesn't really need to worry since I have a mind of an adult so she can rest assured.

She gave me her phone and went back to her work. The moment the clock strikes one, customers flooded in, some are in the diner and some bought it to eat outside. Nevertheless, my mind already on the phone, it's been a long time since I've held one.

Finally!

As a 21st-century person, not having a phone in your hand is just something that should not happen. I've been so dependent on my phone, buying things, and doing entertaining things on it, I've missed doing that.

Now, I need to access my Weibo account, I don't know if there's a double me and I wonder how that would feel seeing another version of myself.

I look around me, vigilantly searching for any curious eyes on me but no one was paying attention to me so I can finally relax.

I need to find our parents and probably, find him as well but first, let's find 'me' first then the rest will follow.

So I tried my Weibo account and it's as if thunder strikes me, my account was gone. Then I tried again but to no avail, it was gone, as if there was no Ju
Lin in this world. I tried to open a new account and searched for my username but to no avail, it was not found.

I typed my mother and father's name, they were still there and so I scroll on their page. That's when it hit me, I saw the family picture that was posted years ago and in the picture, there was no Ju Lin.

It was only Juan and my parents.

***
Chapter 12 is up!

Ju Lin is her former name and Ju Di is her present name while JuJu is her nickname even in her former life.

So, whatcha think about this chapter? Share some thoughts? Anyways, have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy! Also, thank you so much for the votes!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!