Chapter 13

You and your companions have arrived in Asakusa, Tokyo. It was nighttime so Douma and Nezuko were let out of the box. You and Douma had your hands intertwined while Tanjiro held Nezuko's hand so that none of you gets lost. The four of you walked around, well make that three since Nezuko was sleep walking so Tanjiro has to pull her along.

You awed at the city in front of you, you have only travelled to different villages but not a city like this. Douma looked around his surroundings, amazed at the sight as well. You turned to look at Tanjiro but sweat dropped when you saw his face. His eyes were so wide that they could almost fall out of his eye sockets, his mouth was open as he stared at the city.

"Are the cities this advanced now? It's nighttime but it's so bright out!" Tanjiro exclaimed. "I guess so. Come on, let's look around!" you giggled as you four walked around the area. You four walked across some railroad tracks. You didn't notice your companions stopped walking as you continued to stare around you. You were suddenly pulled back and an arm was wrapped around you making you shock. "(Y/N)-san! Are you okay? You were about to get hit by a tram. Good thing Douma-san has quick reflexes and pulled you back." Tanjiro informed as realization struck you.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't see where I was looking. Thank you for saving me, Douma-kun." you exclaimed as Douma gave you a close eyed smile and hummed. He wore his muzzle since there are a lot of people here and they might notice his fangs. "Let's go that way!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he pointed at an alleyway. He pulled Nezuko along as you and Douma caught up to him. You saw Tanjiro just stood there making you worried as you went to the alleyway. "Hey, Tanjiro-kun what's wro--!?" you were about to see what he was looking at but your vision was quickly blocked by a large hand as someone picked you up. "I-I beg your pardon!" you heard Tanjiro yelled as you felt you were moving again.

The hand that was covering your eyes were now removed as you found yourself being carried by Douma. "Eh? Douma-kun? What happened? Why did you cover my eyes? What did you guys see?" You asked as you noticed Tanjiro with a faint blush as he continued walking. "Nothing you need to know, (Y/N)-san." Tanjiro answered as you looked at Douma for answers but all you got was a close eyed smile as you let out a sigh.

The four of you found yourselves on an empty street as Douma placed you down. You all walked towards an udon stand. "Excuse me. A bowl of udon with grated yam on top please. What about you, (Y/N)-san?" Tanjiro asked. "Oh! I'm not hungry." you exclaimed but your stomach had to be loud as it made a grumbling noise. Douma narrowed his eyes at you, telling you to eat as you lowered your head in embarrassment. "I'll have what he's having as well." you muttered out. "Uh, sure thing!" The man said as he began to cook your udons. Tanjiro and Nezuko sat on the bench while you and Douma stood. Tanjiro wanted you to sit on the bench as well but you insisted that it was fine since Douma literally carried you around. Douma was the same for he wanted to stretch his legs.

"I've never been to a place like this. It's way too crowded and bright." you said as Tanjiro nodded in agreement. "Here's your udons with grated yam on top." The udon man exclaimed as he handed you and Tanjiro your meals. "Thank you very much!" You both said as you started to dig in. You saw Tanjiro dropped his bowl, making it break as its contents scattered. "Hm? What's wrong, Tanjiro-kun?" you asked as he looked at you with panic while sweat rolled down his head.

Tanjiro grabbed his blade and ran, making you worried. "Douma-kun, please stay with Nezuko-chan! I'm going after him." you exclaimed as you handed your bowl of udon to Douma and ran after Tanjiro. Douma looked at you with dotted eyes as he watched your retreating form. He looked at your bowl of udon, then at Nezuko, them to the direction of where you ran as a question mark appeared on his head.

"Tanjiro-kun! What's wrong?!" you worriedly asked beside him as the two of you ran. The two of you went out of an alleyway as you watched Tanjiro looked around. "It's the same scent that was left in my house! Muzan Kibutsuji!" you heard Tanjiro muttered as your eyes widened in surprise. Tanjiro pushed past a lot of people as you yelled out some apologies as you followed Tanjiro.

You saw Tanjiro stopped as he placed his hand on someone's shoulder. You stood beside Tanjiro as you looked at the figure. The man has a white hat, black hair, and western styled clothes. The man turned and gave Tanjiro a glare. 'It's him!' you thought. You saw his red eyes then avert towards you and widened in shock. You had a questioning look at your face when you noticed some sweat rolling down his forehead. Tanjiro was confused as well. 'His scent turned into fear when he saw (Y/N)-san?' Tanjiro thought as his hand went towards his blade.

"Daddy?" you heard a voice called as Muzan turned to reveal a child in his arms. "Who're they?" The little girl asked. Yours and Tanjiro's eyes widened in shock. "It's alright. Don't worry." Muzan told the girl. 'He's living here, pretending to be a human!' you thought. "Is there something I can do for you two? You seem to be quite flustered. " Muzan asks towards Tanjiro but you noticed him slightly shiver when he looked at you. 'He's looking at me....... with fear?' you thought as you saw Muzan avoiding your gaze as he instead turned to look at Tanjiro.

"Oh my. What's going on?" A woman asked as she went towards Muzan. "Mother!" The little girl exclaimed. 'They're humans!' you thought as you looked at Tanjiro who had his hand cover his mouth as the other gripped his uniform tightly.

"Do you know them?" The woman asked Muzan. "No. Much to my consternation. I've never seen them before. They must have mistaken me for someone else." Muzan stated. You stepped forward with a smile, noticing Muzan slightly flinch at your actions. "We're really sorry. We just came to this town earlier looking for a friend of ours. I'm sorry if we have mistaken you as our friend." you said as you bowed at the three of them. 'Calm down, (Y/N). Just quickly take Tanjiro away to avoid a scene and find him later when he's alone.' you told yourself. "Oh, is that so? Well I hope you find them then." the woman said.

You and Tanjiro saw Muzan with his claws out as he scratched a passerby at the neck. "Dear, what's the matter? Dear?" The woman asked as her husband lunged at her and bit her neck making her cry out in pain. "Stop!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he pushed past toward them. All the people who were passing by looked at the scene with frightened looks.

Muzan shivered when he felt your gaze on him as you gave off a cold aura around you.

'Crap.'