Chapter 11 - Destroy The Timeline

Katta knocked at the building door. A few minutes later, it opened a slit, and a man with Asian features peered out.

"I'm sorry, but we don't want to hear anything about your religion nor buy anything," he sighed. Katta raised her hands and smiled.

"That's not why we're here. See, we would like to talk to Doctor Stephen Strange."

"There is nobody with that name living here," the man quickly declined. He attempted to close the door, but Katta quickly placed her foot between it. The man sighed and looked at her with an irritated face.

"Listen, Lady. I don't know what you want, but this is definitely the wrong address," he huffed, rolling his eyes.

Katta felt her patience wearing off. She stepped a bit closer until they faced. "No. You listen! Whoever you are, I hope you do whatever your job here is well because lying doesn't count to your abilities," she uttered.

"Whoa, hey," Steve said. He laid a hand on her shoulder, dragging her back. He apologetic looked at the man and smiled. "I'm sorry for--"

"Let them in," a deep voice sounded from the inside. Katta shrugged off Steve's hand and quirked a brow at the man. He grunted but slowly opened the door and motioned Katta and Steve to step in.

Behind the door stood the man Katta recognized from the photographs. Doctor Stephen Strange.

"We're sorry for the interruption, Mister Strange, but I'm afraid there are some things we need to talk about," Steve said. Katta followed him as he walked alongside Strange. The furniture in the building looked somewhat ancient. There was no other word Katta could describe it with. Other people crossed their paths, mostly with books in their hands, some with weird looking objects. But all of them wore yellowish buddha-like gowns.

"Please take a seat," Strange said, motioning towards two chairs that hadn't been there a second before. A suspicion glimmered in Katta's mind, but that couldn't be. She looked around, trying to find more evidence for it.

"So, what can I do for you?" Strange asked, mustering the two visitors. Katta looked at Steve. He could do the talking. She was busy eyeing the surrounding. Steve nodded. "First of all, thank you for letting us in. My name is--"

"--Steve Rogers and Kattalina Harlovsen. If you would please come to the point," Strange interrupted Steve.

Steve frowned. "You know our--"

"--names. Obviously. If you would tell me now what it is you two want. I have appointments," Strange sighed, motioning him to speak on.

"We have the suspicion that you are part of something that might become dangerous to the world. So we are here to figure out if you could become a threat," Steve stated, blinking at Strange. Katta rolled her eyes. Ten points for fucking up the conversation up, two minutes in the visit.

Strange seemed startled for a second by the sudden assumption. But soon, his expression changed into a smirk.

"And what exactly are you accusing me of, Mister Rogers?" he asked, amused. Steve hesitated, looking for the right words.

Katta cleared her throat. "You've become inattentively using your magic while being outside the Sanctum Sanctorum, Mister Strange," she said, examining Strange. He looked caught for a second but quickly changed into a neutral expression. Katta squinted her eyes at him and nodded to herself.

"Magic?" Steve asked in disbelief.

"I thought it was just a rumour, but I suppose Mister Strange here is a sorcerer," Katta explained, crossing her legs.