Chapter 6

Albedo didn't want the both of them to slumber on top of the pillar — that'd be weird. As Sucrose snored, sleeping on his lap, he looked around to find a solution of what to do. He knew the people of Mondstadt would be asleep at this time as it was nearly midnight. He sighed, summoning his map as the gold particles gathered — forming a map. He then stood up and repositioned his coat on Sucrose, and proceeded to slide his arms below her shoulders and beneath the knees. To his surprise, she was light as a feather so it wasn't troublesome to carry her. Afterward, he teleported back to Mondstadt with Sucrose in his arms. He didn't know where Sucrose's house was so he had no choice but to make her sleep in his own home. He blushed heavily on the way home, thinking about him placing Sucrose down on his bed. 

The moment he entered, he immediately rushed to his bedroom and placed her on the bed. He removed her glasses, shoes, hat, and gloves. He didn't dare to remove the rest of her clothes. Neither did he have any women's wear to dress her, but he couldn't even bear the image of trying to remove her clothes just to dress her in pajamas. Thinking about that made his heartbeat in haste. After calming down, he eventually placed her glasses, hat, and her gloves neatly on his bedside table. Then, he removed his and Sucrose's shoes and placed both shoes near the front door. Locking the door and windows, he yawned and did his nightly routine. Afterward, he went to his bedroom to get a blanket for himself. However, as he was about to leave — he glanced at Sucrose once more who was curled into a ball, tugging Albedo's coat for warmth. He smiled.

"Using my coat as your blanket huh, Sucrose?"
He said, walking near her as he place the folded blanket down.

He sat down on the edge of the bed and stared at her features. He moved her bangs away from her closed eyes. He had the urge to kiss her temple but resisted as he thought it was too soon. Way too soon. He noticed Sucrose's hair tie still intact on her hair, just to remove it and place it on the bedside table. Finally, he left — closing the door behind him. He sat on the couch, removing his braids and hair tie before ruffling his hair to let it loose. Moments later, he found himself asleep on the couch; dreaming about Sucrose and him running in a dandelion field.

4:24 am. Albedo got up to prepare for his work. He folded his blanket and went to the bedroom to get his clothes to start the morning. Upon getting the clothes, he kept taking glances at Sucrose to check if she was still sleeping. She was sound asleep the entire time. Still, even if she was in a deep sleep, Albedo was cautious and refrained from making so much noise to disturb her slumber. He then went to the bathroom away from Albedo's bedroom and after that, he decided to tidy up the house. Although his house looked the same yesterday, he still decided to do so. 

After a while...

"Phew. Finally, I'm done."
He sighed to himself, wiping his last drop of sweat on his forehead.

He looked at the clock; it was 5:23 am. He rushed to the kitchen and cooked breakfast for both himself and Sucrose. It was a rather simple meal; bacon and scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. He tied his apron and prepared the ingredients and kitchen equipment. On one pan, he sprinkled salt— okay, you know what? I'm not explaining everything it's most likely boring and not only that, it'll only waste your time. Let's skip to the good part, shall we?

Queue the time skip!

Albedo stored the clean and damp dishes on the rack and wrapped Sucrose's breakfast in thing plastic, preserving it. He then grabbed a sticky note and a pen, writing a little letter for Sucrose. 

Good morning Sucrose. Before you panic — asking yourself why you're in my home — I'll tell you everything later in my office. I hope you had a good sleep. I prepared you breakfast so make sure to eat it. I wouldn't want my assistant to starve to death. You may rush to your home to get yourself cleaned before coming to the HQ. It's okay if you're a little late.