~ Chapter 89 ~ (Struggles)

(Y/N) run in full speed with Kanae, Shinobu and Kyojuro at behind as they are running as fast as they can. "Over here! Over here! Oyakata-sama is under attack!" the crow said.

After Muzan suddenly know where Kagaya's location somehow, Muzan fled away from them in mere seconds and vanished from their sight.

And the fact Muzan already reached Kagaya with the others in short time after he fled away, this is possibly the worst case scenario.

This is probably because Muzan knows his way around the fotress since this is his own 'castle'. He may know all types of paths and shortcuts around this fotress. That's why he could chase Kagaya easily after knowing Kagaya's current location.

"This way! This way! Hurry!" the crow said. (Y/N) and the others continue to follow the crow's direction as they need to get to Kagaya as fast as they can.

~Meanwhile~

"A pity, look how low you have fallen, Ubuyashiki. Being carried by one of your pawn." Muzan said as he saw Kagaya who is unconscious at Giyuu's back.

"Don't worry, I'll end your misery and put you to 'rest' by myself" Muzan said clearly as he saw how Kagaya's disease is getting worst than ever. He calculated that Kagaya may have few more hours left to live before he succumb into his curse.

Meanwhile, Tanjirou can feel rage starting to fill inside him as he is gritting his teeth while looking at Muzan. This is the one who is responsible for everything.

His family who were brutally killed in cold blood, his sister who was transformed into a demon, the deaths of others and humans who has been suffering from demons for centuries. It's all started from this man who is standing in front of him.

Tanjirou grip his sword tightly in his hand as he can feel his blood boiling. "Tanjirou, calm down. Calm yourself down!" Giyuu told Tanjirou.

Muzan however simply glance at Tanjirou with an uninterested look. "Persistent. You're all seriously persistent and it bores me."

"It sickens me from the bottom of my heart. Whenever you open your mouth, You only remember that one dumb notion about avenging your parents, kids or siblings."

"You've all survived. That should be enough for you." Muzan said. Tanjirou, Giyuu, Tamayo and Amane had a look of shock after they heard what he just told them.

"So your family got slaughtered. What's the problem here? Think of yourself as lucky, and go back to the way you live your life before" Muzan said.

"What are saying?" Tanjirou said with a look of disbelief. "Look at it this way. Being killed by me is the same as encountering a great calamity. You don't need to think hard about it."

"Rains, winds, volcano eruption, earthquakes, nobody tries to swear revenge on a natural disaster, no matter how many lives it takes."

"You can't bring dead humans back to life. Why not just stop fussing over the issue all the time, and live quietly to earn your daily wages."

"Most humans live that life. Why can't you all do that?" Muzan asked in disappointment. "There's only one reason. The demon slayers are an assembly of deviants."

"And I'm tired of dealing with deviants. I'm the one who really wants to put an end to all of this." Muzan proclaimed. There was a moment of silence after he finished talking.

"You're just a heartless monster. That's why you could never understand the pain of losing your loved ones! You have never cared for anyone for your entire life! No one but yourself!" Tamayo said in anger as tears begin to fall on her face remembering about her deceased husband and children. She covered her face as she tries to calm down.