49

Choi Jaewon stared at her father's grave, hands tightly clutching the letter he had written for her.

She had reread his last words multiple times and a guilty feeling had settled into her body as she thought of his request to sing for him one last time.

With a shaky breath for what she was about to do, Jaewon pulled out another piece of paper from her bag before dropping the school bag and facing the grave again, this time holding the paper that contained lyrics.

Jaewon had written this song years ago, before her mother passed away. She wrote it for her parents and was going to sing it to them on their anniversary but then her mother died and she gave up on the song because her father became alcoholic.

Now, she had made the decision to sing the song.

That's right, for the first time in years, Jaewon was going to sing. She was going to sing this song for her father and for her mother, she was going to sing the song she had written years ago for them.

She had to sing.

Jaewon scanned the paper, a familiar melody tuning into her head, as she quickly remembered the song. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and started the song off by humming.

With a shaky and breathless voice, she began to sing.

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Yeonjun was a little nervous. After all, he was standing in front of Jaewon's house and waiting for the girl to show up despite knowing she probably wouldn't be happy about his presence.

Honestly, Yeonjun just wanted to comfort her. He knew she had no one know, he knew she was all alone. That's why he was here. To show her that she's not alone, to remind her that he's here.

"Y...Yeonjun?"

Startled, the boy looked up, hoping to see Jaewon but found Beomgyu lurking by the house instead.

"What the heck are you doing here?" Yeonjun scowled at once, standing up straight and glaring at the boy.

"I...I wanted to talk to Jaewon." Beomgyu stuttered, clearly surprised.

"Jaewon's not here." Yeonjun coldy replied.

He hated Beomgyu, especially after what this boy did to Jaewon. He didn't care if Beomgyu was being nice or something, he just wanted him gone. Jaewon didn't need a cheater like Beomgyu.

"What are you doing at my house?" a new voice scowled.

Both boys jumped and turned to see Jaewon who was standing by the entrance, arms crossed and eyes narrow.

"I...I came to talk to you." Yeonjun now stuttered, flustered by the sudden appearance of the girl.

"Me too." Beomgyu sighed before glancing at Yeonjun again.

Jaewon rolled her eyes and dropped her arms, pushing past Yeonjun and opening her house door.

"You both can go. I'm not in the mood to talk." she muttered and slammed the door shut, causing Yeonjun who was nearest to flinch.

Both boys stood in front of her house, shooting looks at each other before Beomgyu finally sighed, turned around, and left.

After he had gone, Yeonjun gently knocked on the door again.

He didn't want to leave without talking to Jaewon.

Choi Jaewon took a large gulp of water, clearing her rough throat before opening the door and leaning outside to see who it was.

At the sight of Yeonjun, she felt a small blush rise on her cheeks before she shook her head and stood straight.

Now's not the time to have a crush.

"What?" she asked, almost glaring at the blue hair weirdo.

"I just..." Yeonjun sighed, " I just wanted to see if you were okay."

Jaewon watched his face as he spoke, a little surprised by the amount of concern he showed when he looked at her. He cared so much.

Just like Beomgyu

Jaewon's eyes narrowed as she took a step back, away from Yeonjun.

"I'm fine." she replied with a neutral voice.

Yeonjun's eyes widened in surprise before he gave a small frantic nod.

"Okay! Then I'll just...go. Unless you would like me to stay?" he turned back to her again, a small shimmer of hope in his eyes.

For a second, Jaewon did want him to stay. She wanted to tell him how she felt at the moment and how sad she was. She wanted to tell Yeonjun she had sung for the first time in years today.

but instead, she shook her head.

"Bye." and with those words said, she once again shut the door and left Yeonjun outside.

Choi Yeonjun closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and turning around.

How badly he wanted to stay with her. He could see that pleading in her eyes even if she was telling him to go. He could see straight through her and he knew she was scared of it.

But what could he do? He had to respect her privacy.

And so, with another sigh, Yeonjun headed home.

❅ ❅ ❅

"Why am I doing this, god." Jaewon moaned, closing her eyes as she lay surrounded by papers.

She had no idea what suddenly influenced her to do something like this but now she couldn't find it in her heart to give up.

I guess I really did miss singing

Sighing for the millionth time, she opened her notebook to the page filled with lyrics before bringing out her guitar and pick.

Setting up her phone to record properly, Jaewon quickly went over the song she had written last year before practising a little.

This was the song Jaewon had written for Beomgyu back when she was just starting to like him.

( A/N: Remember? )

The song was filled with emotional lyrics and Jaewon herself was surprised when she realized how much she truly had liked Beomgyu.

She was even more surprised when she realized she didn't feel any of this for him anymore.

Shaking her head, Jaewon reviewed once more before starting the recording.

With a steady voice, she started to sing, strumming her guitar gently with the correct chords as music filled the air.

( A/N: Please remember this, song will be revealed later in the book )