A Solitary Reasoning

"I can't believe you!"

I smile at Alex awkwardly, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"You've said some dumb shit in the past but this is grade A!"

The weather is quite nice today. Very Augusty.

"I thought I raised you better than this!"

It's very blue.

"He hurt you." Her shouting turns to a helpless and pained whisper, one that clenches my heart. "He said the same stuff as your dad said to you. How can you stand to be with him?"

I turned back to Morgan, swallowing the anxiety in my throat. "You know how happy I was with him."

"Yea was." She emphasises. "Until he fucked up." She snorted, glaring at Alex who stood behind me. She points her finger threateningly over my shoulder. "You better watch your fucking back. I don't give a shit if you're CEO or have loads of money. I will beat your fucking ass."

Oh wow...

"Morgan-"

She turns to me, disbelief in her eyes. "I just don't understand you. I thought you were smarter than this but evidently you're not."

"I am being smart by staying with him." She snorts again. "I am."

I was happier with Alex. Before Alex I was an anxious and reclusive mess. Now, I'm an anxious, reclusive and happy mess that's not as much as a mess.

She ignores my insisting and goes back to glaring at Alex. "You're scum, you hear me? I'm digging your grave and I'll bury you where no one will find you. No one found my hamster and to this day, only I know where I buried him-"

"Ginger is dead?" My bottom lip trembles.

Her eyes narrow at me. "You thought I still had my hamster from when I was thirteen?" I nod. A concerned look masks her face and she steps closer to me. "What is wrong with you?"

"How did he die?" I sniff, a minute of mourning over passing me.

"I snapped his neck. Just like I'm going to do to Mr Bigshot CEO over there."

A gasp leaves my lips and my eyes fill with tears. She quickly turns to me and whispers, "No he didn't!" She shouts panicked. "He died of old age."

A sigh of relief escapes me and I smile again. "That's good. Rest in peace Ginger." I salute.

"It's not going to be good for Godzilla over there." She growled pointedly at Alex.

I hear him sigh heavily and step forward. He was beside me now. "I think you're over-"

"Say I'm overreacting." She grinned wildly. She looked like a psychopath. Her smile was happy but her eyes were screaming murder. "I dare you."

"...You're over-" He flinched when she made a step toward him. "-ly pretty."

That was a good save...

Should I be jealous?

"Morgan I love him."

"Oaklee I hate him." She sends him a dirty look.

I groan quietly, sending Alex an incredulous look.

"I hope you got tight security at your house buddy because I'm goin-"

"Morgan! That's enough!" I shouted, shocking both myself, Morgan, Alex and the two dogs who were asleep on the sofa. Their lips parted in shock and their eyes widened as they stared at me. I never shouted. "I love him. He makes me happy, you even said so before what happened happened. I'm happy and calm when I'm with him. He made a mistake, a mean and stupid mistake but he's apologised and he spent ten months with me not remembering a single thing about him. I think he's been punished enough."